Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

McVay - does he have killer instinct?

November 30, 2020 04:56PM
Since he came into the HC position my only impression of him is that he has too much respect for his mentor and not in the way you might think? I feel like he coaches scared when against Shannihan. When we are up on them he somehow manages to call a play that is unexpected and ill-fated limiting our ability to score a TD and ultimately keeps the 9ers hanging around. He will not run up the score on them but Shannihan does not have that problem. Shannihan is not so distracted or concered with losing as much as he is in how to win or get the upper hand. Sometimes when someone is your hero you really don't play to win as much as you play to compete and I feel we try to compete with the 9ers rather than go after them and try to beat them mercilessly. Why when we had our starters out in his rookie season did 9ers pour it on with no regard and when we play them and they are down its like we feel sorry for them and try to keep it close. We are the 9ers get well team. That is my biggest concern with McVay. I am waiting for him to get the confidence to beat folk down and challenge weak opponents to get better rather than being cute because we think we can score again and yet in recent times we don't see that working.

If I am McVay I would be mad at Goff for sure, fumbles ints heck yah make a move if you can do better I would accept that. I saw Mike Martz discard a HOF but eventually Martz could not deliver as expected. McVay may soon be the last man standing and if so, he better be on top of the heap. I say this because I am seeing a different side of McVay (much more frank and willing to point the finger) but not seeing a different result or approach when he is going against his chums and peers. I think he is psyching himself out a bit out of the abundance of caution or trying to be liked by all. Perhaps he needs to throw caution to the wind continue to be publicly respectful but driven to destroy friend as well as foe. I am pulling for him but he has got to do better in that area in the moment.

Los Angeles Rams

Rap on.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Reminder: Coach McVay Show at 6pm

RAMpant Defense302November 30, 2020 02:56PM

Re: Reminder: Coach McVay Show at 6pm

CraigMatson209November 30, 2020 03:45PM

McVay - does he have killer instinct?

BumRap324November 30, 2020 04:56PM