Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: IMO

November 06, 2020 04:36AM
Speed_Kills
the Rams don’t have a WR issue

they do miss Cooks role and I thought they might but I’ve seen McVay successfully scheme these WRs open deep and the QB just has flat missed

The Rams have two really good WRs. Goff has got to be more accurate with the deep ball and hit them when they are open and for that matter throw the ball. He’s not nearly as aggressive as a Aaron Rodgers just as an example
Considering how similar the Packers and Rams offenses are in terms of design, it's hard not to make comparisons. I would say their RB has better top end potential and really is starting to resemble the good Gurley and I'd say their WR1 is better than ours. From top to bottom though, I'd take our corps over theirs and in general, I think each team's skill positions and personnel are close enough for comparison.

Which leaves the QB position. Doesn't last night clearly illustrate the disparity and what this offense could be doing if the Rams QB was better? I mean, I didn't get the impression that the Packers players were bailing Rodgers out and making him look good. It seemed like he was in command and just making plays and getting his team in good positions to succeed.

Was the coaching and playcalling demonstrably different than McVay? If it wasn't, the QB disparity would have to be the case for such a difference, wouldn't it? There has been plenty of speculation about McVay being the problem and by extension, "his" offense being figured out. The way the Bengals and Packers are performing this year, I don't think there's a problem with the offense itself. So, has McVay just lost it as a playcaller or is he just unable to mask personnel issues like before?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/06/2020 04:39AM by moklerman.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Davonte Adams is clearly best receiver in football nm

Hazlet Hacksaw272November 05, 2020 05:52PM

Re: Davonte Adams is clearly best receiver in football nm

stlrams13127November 05, 2020 06:51PM

Nah---good, top 5

JimYoungblood53122November 05, 2020 08:58PM

Where is our top WR ranked?

BumRap193November 06, 2020 01:43AM

Speed_Kills157November 06, 2020 02:43AM