Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Some off-the-wall Monday morning random thoughts...

November 02, 2020 10:46AM
And in no particular order...

Anybody else getting queasy Linehan, Spags, Fisher type flashbacks during the three crazy bad Ram halves this year?

Don’t know what to say about Goff’s play lately. This is his 4th year under McVay and yet we sometimes still see rookie-like fundamental mistakes. One would think those would be pretty much gone by now, huh?

Might be a good idea for McVay to preplan some ‘what if’ counter plays if Goff sees more exotic D sets moving forward. Pretty sure future DC’s intend to test Goff.

Can we please see more snaps for Akers? Mostly at the expense of Brown?

Apparently, Hendy still has some improving to do in pass pro, huh?

Hope Higbee’s hand is much better after the bye. We need him as another feared threat.

Everett is so inconsistent, isn’t he? Roller coaster highs and lows for that kid even in year 4. Maddening.

I miss the days when Rams would routinely jump out to big leads early.

ARob after the bye, finally? YES!

Gawd! My kingdom for a consistent edge player. We’re 8 weeks into the season and still looking for an answer.

Staley, apparently, is just gonna have to scheme around our ILB’s the rest of the way. Sigh...

Even shorthanded our secondary has held up VERY well.

Only 26 second half points allowed through 8 games? Not a misprint. And 20 of them came in the Bills game? Amazing, especially because the D was in the process of gelling under the new DC.

Our ST under Bonamego have disappointed Big Time. Finally really bit us in the butt yesterday. And Forbath didn’t ‘fix’ anything, either. I read elsewhere that our ST rank down around #30. Geez...

What to do moving forward?

McVay needs to never get away from the run play calls. And more quickly adjust to unusual D sets such as ‘zero pressure’ or ‘wide 6’ type stuff.

Build in and allow Goff the ability to more easily change plays at LOS where needed. Rams are gonna see more copycat D schemes in the future until they prove that they can handle it. Gotta be a way for McVay/Goff to turn the tables and punish such D’s in the future.

I assume that Webster has now completely replaced Kupp as returner.

Bonamego needs to get his coverage teams back to that stellar Bear game level.

Would like to see Goff using his cadence to draw opponents offsides more. That’s an easy 5 yards, man.

Seems to me that Goff would do well to look at other than just Kupp for an open receiver. I love Kupp, but c’mon.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Some off-the-wall Monday morning random thoughts...

Rams43247November 02, 2020 10:46AM

Re: Some off-the-wall Monday morning random thoughts...

DESERT RAM152November 02, 2020 11:29AM