Advanced

Re: Good QBs can SOMEWHAT adjust.

November 02, 2020 06:22AM
zn
nicecatchellard
zn
Ramgator
We are seeing a broken record.

Even the best qbs can't adjust unless they're in a position to do it.

For example tell Russell Wilson he never had anything to fear from the Rams pass rush.

And good coaches learn how to handle situations like that.

I mean they're facing a gameplan that aims to take away the pass with pressure and coverage but can't defend the run.

Yet it's all on the qb?

Yes it is on the qb when you have the option to change the play and also to dictate where, when, and to whom you are going to give the ball to on any particular play. Mcvay is not without blame but JG is mcvay on the field.

So why does Rams pressure work?

Aaron Donald.

Even against good qbs, as it has often during the years. Seems like they could all audible out of it?

The good do audible out of things or execute on a high level that's why they are good qbs. They also use pocket awareness or scramble or just throw those plays away.

And no qb is the coach on the field, not even Brady or Brees.
Not to that extent. According to your logic those guys would never lose games?

Yes they are actually are the coach on the field they may be following orders but they have to relay everything and get everyone set for the plays. Does mcvay say Goff only throw this to this player or go throw your reads and progressions. The QB is the only one who has the ability to dictate where the ball goes on the field.

Especially games where the key was pressure. And yet in the last few years Rams have beaten Brees a few times, including one game where the Rams qb was AJ Feeley.

Ok what does that even mean?

I just think some people put everything on the qb regardless. The protections? Not running the ball against a bad run D? Not realizing you're gameplanning
against team whose head coach was the d coordinator who stymied you in the superbowl and can do 2 things well on D--cover and pressure?

Did they do a great job against us or did we just suck? I say we sucked as we drove down the field and just collapsed and then our confidence was completely drained and we couldn't do anything until garbage time.

I prefer a bigger, more well-rounded picture. I never put everything all on the qb--unless the qb is a Feeley, Clemens, Davis, or Hill etc. And the Rams won some games even with those guys.
Add JG to that list now.

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Always knew Goff had some issues but I still thought we were set at QB for a while.

Ramgator287November 02, 2020 04:48AM

so you think that will happen every game?

zn158November 02, 2020 04:52AM

Good QBs can SOMEWHAT adjust.

Ramgator120November 02, 2020 05:03AM

zn134November 02, 2020 05:10AM

nicecatchellard127November 02, 2020 05:17AM

zn145November 02, 2020 05:57AM

nicecatchellard116November 02, 2020 06:22AM

Behind you there, zn

NewMexicoRam129November 02, 2020 09:35AM

Emmanuel Ogbah: Key to Dolphins win was attacking Jared Goff

JimYoungblood53145November 02, 2020 04:53AM

Re: Always knew Goff had some issues but I still thought we were set at QB for a while.

nicecatchellard118November 02, 2020 05:00AM

Re: Always knew Goff had some issues but I still thought we were set at QB for a while.

GroundPounder206November 02, 2020 05:20AM

nicecatchellard154November 02, 2020 05:28AM