Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Goff's achilles heel...

November 01, 2020 12:10PM
Goff's Achilles heel is pressure and we ALL know it and so does the rest of the NFL. Even McVay knows it. You would think McVay would be better at figuring out how to scheme better against pressure driven D's. McVay has trouble with physical pressuring D's. Some teams can pull it off, some cannot. Today, Miami did it perfectly.

If you give Goff time, he will beat you 9 out of 10 times. Pressure him consistently and you will win more than you lose. Miami schemed and executed it perfectly. Kudos to the them...shame on us for not adjusting.

Goff's play was off the charts bad but I have to blame McVay and the OL as well. McVay did NOT have an answer for the Zero blitz. Goff was not able to over come it either. Why so many empty backfield plays when it clearly WASN'T working? I don't think it was Goff calling those plays.

Gotta give credit to the D scheme by Miami as well but again McVay couldn't adjust. Very similar to the SB game but without all the turn overs. McVay should take some blame too. This isn't the first time this happened to him.

How many plays did Miami have an unblocked player break through the line today? Is that due to the play calls or bad OL play? Maybe a bit of both?

This was Goff's worst game since the SB. He HAS to do better than that! His turn overs were the difference in this game. The punt return didn't help us either. He made bad decisions today that he should not be making at this point in his career. Once the pressure gets into his head, his bad mechanics and decision making seems to go out the window too often.

Having said all that, it's been 18 YEARS since our last good QB. I still think Goff can improve...and so can McVay. IMO, this loss is on Goff, McVay and the OL.

Oh yeah, the special teams suck too! Bonamego is not the answer but that's another post.

#HelmetHornsMatter

“Well, the color is good, I like the metallic blue,” Youngblood recently said while laughing, via NFL Journal. “The horn is terrible. It looks like a ‘C.’ When I first saw it on the logo I honestly thought it was a Charger logo.

“Now when I see it on the helmet, it just isn’t a ram horn. There is no distinct curl like a mature ram horn. I don’t know how the Rams could get that wrong. That is your symbol and it has been for what? Seventy years or more? Longer than I have been alive? It’s just not us, it’s not the Rams.”---Mr. Ram Jack Youngblood

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Goff's achilles heel...

Ramsdude264November 01, 2020 12:10PM