Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: it's a test of the OL

October 23, 2020 06:15PM
zn
max
zn
max
The Bears D is playing aggressive physical intimidating ball again.

It will be very telling to see how Goff handles the pressure he sees. This will be the toughest D he’s faced since Pittsburgh last year.

A strong game by Goff will go a long way to convincing those on the fence that he is really good QB.

Very few qbs do well if their OL breaks down. Can you name more than 2?

And the Steelers game last year is a good example. They went in with a shaky OL in the first place then lost OL starters during that game. The replacements had zero NFL game experience before that game.

Meanwhile no matter who they faced the Bears have gotten some veteran qbs to play subpar games, measured by qb rating.

That includes Stafford, Ryan, Rivers, and Brady.

IF the Rams OL breaks down against the Bears, do you expect Goff to play better than Stafford, Ryan, Rivers, and Brady did against them?

I don’t expect the Rams OL to “break down”, I expect it to perform adequately.

And I’m hopeful Goff plays well in the face of some but not overwhelming pressure.

I don’t believe it’s a binary situation.

I don't think it's binary either. But if the OL doesn't hold up against Chicago, than the safe bet is that Goff doesn't do any better than Stafford, Ryan, Brady, and Rivers have against the Bears D. That was just a possibility I wanted out there with the others.

Though to be thorough about this, in terms of pressure percentage, the Bears D does not rank as high as the 9ers, Dallas, Washington, or the Eagles. They rank 20th, right behind the Rams.

Yeah, I'm not surprised.

I doubt Goff will have a clean pocket all night long, but as long as there’s some semblance of a running game, I expect him to have opportunities to make plays to contribute to a win. I expect the defense to hold down the Bears offense.

~ max ~
“The consciousness of good intentions disdains ambiguity.” - Alexander Hamilton
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

LA Rams: Predicting how MNF Bears game will shake out...

Rams43279October 23, 2020 08:15AM

The key for me out of lots of keys

NewMexicoRam141October 23, 2020 09:29AM

Re: LA Rams: Predicting how MNF Bears game will shake out...

max132October 23, 2020 12:30PM

it's a test of the OL

zn96October 23, 2020 02:34PM

max81October 23, 2020 05:06PM

zn119October 23, 2020 05:32PM

max176October 23, 2020 06:15PM

injuroy notes.

JimYoungblood53126October 23, 2020 02:12PM

Re: injuroy notes.