Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: I'd like to see someone replace Hill

October 19, 2020 02:25PM
merlin
It could happen different ways too.

Finding a nickel CB from your roster would be the best way IMO. If, for example, Burgess could do that job he'd help us in the passing game by removing Hill from the field, plus the run game would get a buff from having another safety out there. Burgess has great range too. He's looked lost over the top but the slot is pretty basic duty. And best of all this would allow the Rams to move Ramsey wherever the top weapon is, vice feeling like they need to keep him in the slot for his run support. We didn't pay him all that money to just be a slot dude.

Someone stepping up outside would do the trick too. The previous game Long was out there spelling Hill on a couple series so maybe they're considering that. Long has his probs but he would at least do a better job of playing the call and being in position. If he can spell Hill all of a sudden that safety who is replacing Fuller this month doesn't have to worry as much about Hill (Fuller lines up next to him in our quarters look).

The secondary is the key IMO. It's where our strength of talent is. They need to get back to playing good ball and right now it looks like we're going to be on a wild ride until we get Fuller back. So while Rapp or Burgess duke it out to fill that role removing Hill would be a positive change for the secondary.

You just said a mouthful, Merlin.

Your suggestion would be a threefer, IMO.

Burgess would be an upgrade over Rapp at deep safety.
Long could be an upgrade over Hill.
And Ramsey could go back outside or to erase other team’s most dangerous weapon.

Now, what ideas do you have for improving our right edge and/or ILB? Lol.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Rams need a linebacker and kicker added by trade deadline

ferragamo79446October 19, 2020 09:23AM

merlin265October 19, 2020 10:39AM

Rams43202October 19, 2020 02:25PM

merlin174October 19, 2020 08:23PM

Re: Rams need a linebacker and kicker added by trade deadline

Classicalwit239October 19, 2020 02:51PM

Re: Rams need a linebacker and kicker added by trade deadline