Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Some ‘knee jerk’ early post game reactions...

October 11, 2020 01:07PM
I reserve the right to change my opinions after re-watching this game, btw.

Here goes...

This Rams scoring D is already elite, especially in the 2nd half.

Just hated to see Obo and Fuller injured in this game. Obo seemed to be finally ‘getting it’ and Fuller had already established himself as a key player in this D. This D is simply better when he’s in there.

I think Ebu is being phased out. Obo, Polite, Hollins, and Lewis seem to be doing a better job, tbh.

Reeder had an eye opening game. I had thought that he shouldn’t be on the field on passing downs. I might have been wr..., wr..., Wrong!

Hill is still on my ‘stuff list’ I would give either Long or Burgess some of his snaps if I were Staley. At least a few. Just as Staley is doing with Ebu, matter of fact. Then let the best performer play. Staley can thank me later. Lol.

Ramsey positively impacts the game far beyond his coverage and tackling. He occasionally makes ‘special’ plays that inspire his teammates, not unlike AD.

Yeah, the jury is now in. Goff IS different this year and the results are on the field each week. We’re so fortunate to have this young man as our QB.

Akers was a pleasant surprise. I thought he would be tentative after that painful injury and the long layoff, but he certainly wasn’t. My expectations for him just went up a notch.

Okay, Everett is turning into a danged stud! He’s having a VERY nice year. Still don’t see how we can afford him next year, but he is putting out some great film that should have other teams drooling. Good for him.

Reynolds is another guy building himself an excellent resume in his contract year. Gonna miss them both. I mean, a LOT.

About Sloman. What can I say? Way too much drama, don’t you think? Still hasn’t made a FG in the critical 40-49 yard range, has he? Technically, he hasn’t had to attempt one. Weird, huh?

I still can’t understand why McVay/Bonamego prefer Kupp as a PR over Webster or Calais. Seems counterintuitive on multiple levels. So Un-McVay like.

My general impression is that all phases are coming together more and more each week.

Fewer penalties.
Better playcalling
Better execution
Progress is being made at edge opposite Floyd.
Already an elite scoring D, and isn’t that the name of the game?
O’Connell was a great hire.
Staley looking like a great hire.
Tackling seems a bit better.
Better communication in the secondary.
More pressure now than earlier and also far more sacks.

When ARob comes back and IF that edge position gets sorted out? Look out, NFC West!

Then again, our last 2 opponents were the Giants and Washington, sooooo...
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Some ‘knee jerk’ early post game reactions...

Rams43463October 11, 2020 01:07PM

A jrry32 post about thoughts on this game...

Rams43178October 11, 2020 03:17PM

Re: A jrry32 post about thoughts on this game...

headslapper363October 11, 2020 03:26PM

Re: A jrry32 post about thoughts on this game...

nicecatchellard157October 11, 2020 03:47PM

Haskins wasn't active.

Ramboni132October 11, 2020 04:48PM