September 23, 2020 06:35AM
On Offense

McVay (maybe with a little help from O’Connell) is gameplanning and playcalling at a genius level. Eagles were beyond confused right from the jump.

And McVay has assembled a top notch group of position coaches beyond his OC and his DC. Just look at how QB, RB, OL, TE, WR, DL, ILB, CB, and S are performing. Those position groups are evidence of some mighty fine coaching. I look for a few to be poached via promotion come next offseason.

Goff seems ‘different’ this year, and I mean that in the most positive of ways. He now seems to have ‘it’. I give a ton of credit to O’Connell for work on fundamentals and on reading D’s.

We’ll be fine at RB this year. Gonna be a rotation that may vary game to game, but it will be an effective one.

Watched LG pretty extensively. I thought Boom played well and the Rams were moving the ball at will with him in there. But Edwards was the better blocker. He sustains his blocks longer and he has better balance. There is no ‘wrong choice’ for starting LG. Nice ‘problem’ to have, huh?

Rest of OL, both TE’s, and all 4 WR’s looked terrific. This looks like a top 5 O for this year, maybe even better.

On Defense

Where is the pressure? Specifically, where is the pressure from the edge. I had read that Staley wanted them to contain first and pressure second. But after re-watching I got the impression that the players just weren’t capable of bringing a decent pass rush. This is our Achilles heel on D.

I will say that Eagles weren’t running outside much, but they seemed to be gouging the Rams up the middle.

Okay, Kiser has officially blown me away. I had thought that he would be a pleasant 2 down run stopper, but I never dreamed that he would be capable of such a monster game, including coverage and timely tipped passes in 2 straight games. The guy was always around the ball, it seemed. Did I mention his 16 tackles in this game? Not a misprint. Cory who? Lol.

I don’t have the words to properly compliment our CB’s and Safeties. They’re making plays everywhere and they haven’t fully gelled even yet. Starting caliber players 7-8 deep. Maybe 9 deep.

On ST

Is Bonamego behind the Kupp-as-fair-catcher policy? Is Sloman the best we can do at PK? At this point I’ve gotta say that both need to win me over. Not impressed with either.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Just re-watched the Eagle game...

Rams43492September 23, 2020 06:35AM

Re: Just re-watched the Eagle game...

Steve236September 23, 2020 09:55AM