Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Does Brian Schottenheimer finally get a Whiff for Head Coach?

September 21, 2020 01:43PM
Well, it was not too long ago, when Brian Schottenheimer left Jeff Fisher & the St. Louis Rams to join the Georgia Bulldogs as the Offensive Coordinator and most people felt, why would you leave an NFL OC Job for College? It was obvious maybe Fisher & Shotty decided to part ways and all of us, including yours truly rejoiced. In fact, I went on to predict that Schottenheimer would last one year in Athens and it would lead to the dismissal of Mark Richt and well, on that prediction I was 100% correct and Brian had to try and reinvent himself with the Indianpolis Colts from 2016-21017, which I predicted once again would doom Head Coach Chuck Pagano and it did just that.

But something funny happened after the whole Colt staff was dismissed, some how, someway, with that surname Shotty was hired as the Offensive Coordinator of the Seattle Seahawks. I chuckled, took a sip of my fine Colombian Beverage and felt that Pete Carroll had finally blew it, he hired the greatest coach killer of them all in Brian Cornelius Schottenheimer. Surely it would only be a matter of time that the Seahawks would hire a younger Head Coach and Petey would end up talking to himself as to why he hired an OC, who could not get it done under the likes of Rex Ryan, Jeff Fisher, Mark Richt and now himself.

Always felt Schottenheimer never deserved the fast track, hired by Dick Vermeil and the St. Louis Rams in 1997 as an intern/assistant, it seemed he never oversaw an offense that was credible. Yes, under Ryan the Jets experienced post season, but that was more about Sexy Rexy and his defense then the Conservative Schottenheimer and when most of us discovered he was on Fisher's short list, we clamored for Hue Jackson, but what we got was three yards and a bunch of turf for a couple of years and an injured Sam Bradford too.

I truly felt Schottenheimer was done, but that Seahawk offense is doing well and yes it has one of the greatest at Quarterback in Russell Wilson, but the Seahawks have made it work with a cast of running backs that most would not recognize. I look at some openings that might occur next year in Atlanta, Detroit and the New York Jets. That's right the New York Jets, who almost hired Schottenheimer as Head Coach back in 2009, but felt he needed more seasoning. The irony about that was, when the Jets interviewed Giants DC Steve Spagnuolo the reason the interview went south is Spags wanted to hire his own staff especially his own OC in Pat Shurmur, whereas Ryan agreed to keep Shotty on board as OC.

I believe he will get interviews as will others and hopefully somebody hires Chief OC Eric Bieniemy as it's hard to figure out how he's not gotten a gig, but if the Seahawks continue scoring like this and hopefully they won't I believe the masses will be lining up at Brian's door and would not be shocked if he was the next Head Coach of the Detroit Lions because for some reason I believe that football team is just snake-bitten and they will go from a Rocket Scientist to a Schottenheimer and in then the headlines in Detroit can read: "THE BEAT GOES ON."
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Does Brian Schottenheimer finally get a Whiff for Head Coach?

den-the-coach424September 21, 2020 01:43PM

Re: Does Brian Schottenheimer finally get a Whiff for Head Coach?

RAMpant Defense349September 21, 2020 02:18PM

den-the-coach227September 21, 2020 02:41PM

Ekern55200September 21, 2020 03:58PM

I think Russell Wilson can make any OC look good (nm)

BigGame81333September 21, 2020 02:44PM

Right. That would be my reply.

NewMexicoRam235September 21, 2020 02:46PM

cool_hand_luke292September 21, 2020 04:35PM

RAMpant Defense235September 21, 2020 05:44PM