September 15, 2020 04:06AM
The things I appreciate most about Sean;

It may be boring and redundant and limit our insight, but he always praises his coaches and players publicly but holds them all accountable in private. The positive work environment is his highest value and he practices it consistently.

He is so comfortable in his own skin that he allows his sense of humor to shine through. This is an important social lubricant that endears him to his organization, the league, the press, and us fans.

He is becoming more transparent about player errors that can be corrected while still praising that player overall. He used to call all errors his fault but has now developed the relational clout to tell it like it is more frequently.

He was willing to adjust his approach in this first game and was prepared to attack with clarity from the beginning and to start the second half. That hasn't always been the case in previous years.

Finally, he has proven willing to make difficult personnel decisions in a timely manner. The examples include the elevation of Fuller over Rapp and Kupp over the other options on punt returns for ball security. I remember so many times during the GSOT I wished Martz would settle with someone like Faulk or Bruce rather than watch Hakim lay it on the carpet.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

The Coach McVay Show--Sept. 14

RamBill265September 14, 2020 08:04PM

Re: The Coach McVay Show--Sept. 14

Leoram102September 15, 2020 04:06AM