Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: I have to think he's behind the curve

September 03, 2020 08:06AM
Not necessarily far behind, but definitely behind IMO in terms of having a full grasp of his keys and being able to play fast. When you implement a defense that is varied and flexible the drawback is complexity. So he's going to need to close that gap as quickly as he can, because there's a rook showing well who probably has a stronger grasp of the scheme.

That competition is good of course. Rapp's biggest weakness to my eye at least was his ability to break on things from zone drops. So he's going to need to work his butt off to not only grasp this scheme at a high level but also continue his overall development as a pro DB. So even though I love Rapp and think he's got big upside on top of year one offering a lot of good tape, he is facing a real challenge right now in play time.

And btw I'll mention once again that he's got potential to shine for us near the LOS in this defense. So even if he gets squeezed a bit in the early part of the season due to all this he's still gonna be on the field a ton even if it's in a nickelbacker role for certain looks.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Rams Taylor Rapp ready to build on highs and lows of rookie year...

Rams43231September 03, 2020 07:16AM

Re: I have to think he's behind the curve

merlin100September 03, 2020 08:06AM