Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: early season OL

September 03, 2020 04:02AM
LMU93
Last year the entire OL came out of the gate flat and were, basically, really bad the first 6 games. Then improved from there.

I wonder what happens as a unit if, hypothetically, they're more solid again at tackle and Blythe is steady at center but their guards struggle. I hope for the best with Noteboom and Corbett but they're major question marks.

Well this is purely theoretical on my part and we'll see.

But last year they had 2 OTs not ready for the season (one apparently injured from early on, according to McVay) plus 2 inexperienced newbies inside. The entire OL as you said did not cohere.

I would think this situation, on paper anyway, has got to be better than that: 2 healed up OTs aiming to redeem themselves plus 2 relatively more experienced newbies at guard.

And, they don't seem to be shuffling the starting 5 around as much as before. That cross training stuff seems to apply more to the depth (eg both Evans and Anchrum have been seen at LOT). It looks to me like they named the starting 5 early and then gave them time together as a unit to cohere.

Just my 2 cents.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Rams OL Rob Havenstein working toward bounce-back year

RamBill406September 02, 2020 05:44PM

Re: Rams OL Rob Havenstein working toward bounce-back year

Steve178September 02, 2020 09:57PM

early season OL

LMU93148September 03, 2020 03:01AM

zn141September 03, 2020 04:02AM

Rams43140September 03, 2020 06:17AM