Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

About those three hired Coordinators...

August 20, 2020 06:07AM
Their hire was probably the boldest and most needed moves of the offseason. More impactful than the various cuts, releases, the draft, and FA.

After all, the player personnel moves were largely at the discretion of these new coordinators, right?

Staley is still my favorite coordinator hire because he’s a ‘stand alone’ guy that can allow McVay to spend minimal attention on the execution of a ‘new’ D. The more feedback I get on Staley and this D that he’s installing, the more I like. I expect substantial improvement in Rams D results in ‘20.

But I’m thinking that it’s a mistake to underestimate O’Connell’s impact on this O. Goff seems to love him and to be benefitting from O’Connell’s emphasis on QB fundamentals. McVay has got to benefit from this QB help, plus O’Connell’s future help on gameplanning and on gameday.

Lastly, Bonamego won’t have to strain much to have his ST units exceed those of the declining Fassel results in his last 2 years.

So, kudos to McVay for making the bold decisions on his 3 Coordinators. This seemingly successful offseason all flows from those new hires.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Rams' three bold predictions for 2020 season

RamBill439August 19, 2020 07:59PM

Re: Rams' three bold predictions for 2020 season

DallasRam243August 20, 2020 02:10AM

About those three hired Coordinators...

Rams43131August 20, 2020 06:07AM