Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Nice post about Rams draft strategy by Dick84...

June 14, 2020 07:21AM
This really resonates with me.

Here’s Dick84...

RAMS DRAFT: QUALITY AND QUANTITY
We all know the Rams do things differently.. and I think that it's becoming clear to me what they believe and how they work.
It's okay to not have first round picks if you're getting guaranteed, very high level production out of the picks you trade away.. even when there's a salary cap impact. Ramsey and Goff are examples of it working out.. and with Cooks? It worked out in the Super Bowl year and they salvaged a 2nd round pick.

The comp formula for churning talent is part of it.
Trading down is part of it.
Bottom line, getting a high number of draft picks is a HUGE part of it.
The Rams could have as many as 4 starters coming from the 2019 draft.. if Long somehow wins a corner spot this year.. but I think he won't get there until 21. At worst.. they'll have 2 starters and 3 high rotation players and a quality backup offensive lineman.
They have.. potentially.. 3 starters *this season* out of their first 4 picks... plus two guys out of their top 5 who project as starter/high rotation players.
And.. when you keep drafting that way.. trading back for more picks.. you make it more likely you'll be able to replace someone you couldn't afford because of the cap.
The Rams will be starting a bargain priced interior line this season.. and, I'll argue, it will be a good one.
The Rams will have a bargain priced OLB group.. bargain priced RB group.. bargain priced ILB group.
They put themselves in the position with this year's draft to absorb significant losses this upcoming offseason with Burgess, Jefferson and Hopkins.

This is just kind of a rant after listening to one-too-many "the Rams are in salary cap hell" moving forward takes I've read/seen/heard.

I'm not buying it.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Nice post about Rams draft strategy by Dick84...

Rams43635June 14, 2020 07:21AM

Re: Nice post about Rams draft strategy by Dick84...

SoCalRAMatic294June 14, 2020 03:26PM

reggae221June 14, 2020 04:08PM

Ramrooter206June 14, 2020 09:04PM