Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Fumbles and Dropped passes for rookies or backups

June 10, 2020 04:18PM
I know, I know, shame on me for bringing up negative topics, but I couldn't resist. Here's my concern:

RBs
1. Akers fumbled once out of every 65.5 touches. 10 times in 3 seasons - is it really a lot? If he even sniffs the reputation of "being a fumbler" the sharks will be attacking the ball every second.

[draftwire.usatoday.com]

2. Darrell Henderson

Hendo fumbled once in 3 year of college ball, but also had that major brain cramp taking a pitch on the 1st series in the 2nd half, against the Whiners. The Rams never recovered (pun intended).

WRs
1. Van Jefferson
In 2016 and 2017 at Mississippi, Jefferson caught 91 passes for 999 yards and four touchdowns. He left for Florida after the NCAA slapped Ole Miss with sanctions. In two seasons with the Gators, he caught 84 passes for 1,160 yards and 12 touchdowns. As a senior, he caught 49 passes for 657 yards and six touchdowns – all three numbers tying or setting career highs. He tied for fifth in the draft class by hauling in 91 percent of catchable passes.
[www.si.com]

2. Josh Reynolds
After spending three seasons as a reserve, Reynolds finally has a shot at a solidified offensive role following the Rams' trade of Brandin Cooks to Houston. Despite the promotion, expectations should be tempered. For starters, Reynolds' efficiency hasn't been great on his 120 career targets (51% catch rate, 6.9 YPT). Additionally, Sean McVay adjusted his scheme in the second half of last season, pivoting from using "11" personnel a league-high 90% of the time when passing during Weeks 1-13 to just 75% of the time (15th highest in the NFL) during the final month. That change led to reduced roles for the team's secondary receivers and a larger role for TE Tyler Higbee. A potential boost in targets puts Reynolds on the late-round flier radar, but he'll need to fend off rookie Van Jefferson -- and this offense is no longer likely to support three fantasy-relevant wideouts.
[www.espn.com]

TEs
1. Brycen Hopkins
flex tight end with enough route acumen and separation quickness to open throwing windows, but modest ball skills and below-average hands can turn potential completions into drops. Hopkins' issue with catch consistency has been ongoing and is unlikely to change as a pro.
“While the athletic talent looks good in space, there was a noticeable drop in production and opportunities when matched against man-cover talent. Hopkins could be viewed as a one-dimensional slot tight end with Day 3 draft potential, but his issues as a pass-catcher could limit his long-term prospects.”
[www.journalgazette.net]

Hopkins has attributed his drops to a lack of concentration but this MUST be Wes Phillips main focus as TE coach. Perhaps Higbee can help as he has eliminated the drops he had as a younger player.

RFS69
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Fumbles and Dropped passes for rookies or backups

RamsFanSince69361June 10, 2020 04:18PM

not buying what they selling

BumRap157June 10, 2020 08:51PM

Re: Fumbles and Dropped passes for rookies or backups

LMU93337June 11, 2020 04:42AM