Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

RB stats

May 11, 2020 11:02AM
I keep reading about Akers and whether he can be a 1000 back and it got me to thinking...he should. And so should Henderson. If they split their carries they should both easily break 1000 yards. Here's why. If you suit up every week and average a paltry 62.5 yards per game, you get 1000 yards. To get 62.5 yards at 4 YPC you would need 16 carries to break 62.5. Actually it brings you to 64. We could easily run the ball 32 times in a game. Throw in a few carries by WRs and maybe a couple of QB runs and you are still under 40 runs per game. Very doable. I saw that the PFF predicts Akers to rush for under 900 yards. May be true but it's not impressive. What is impressive is a 1600 yard back. Averaging 100 per game is impressive. Dickerson ran for 2105! The other crazy running stat is YPC. Guys get dinged to a successful 1 yard TD run. Kills his average. Also, sometimes a back is getting stopped all day long and then breaks a long one. So he has 9 carries for 10 yards and you could stop the tape and say this guy sucks. On his 10th carry he breaks one for 90. Now he has 100 yards on 10 carries. Total stud. He only did his job well one time. Adrian Pederson has done this to us. I would love to keep hammering our opponents with runs which beat up a defense and kills the clock. If you can keep getting first downs and can punch it in you actually can't lose. Ground Chuck was a master at it. John Robinson believed in it and was a big winner. The Niners killed everyone on the ground and got to the SB. The Skins used to run the same running play every down and with the hogs and Riggins nobody could stop them. The Ravens won a SB with a 2K back and a great D. As much as I enjoy a nice pass play I love grinding up an opponent.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

RB stats

SoCalRAMatic238May 11, 2020 11:02AM