Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Akers On Getting Drafted: ‘A Big Relief, Big Weight Off My Shoulders To Reach Lifelong Dream’

May 01, 2020 06:53AM
Cam Akers On Getting Drafted: ‘A Big Relief, Big Weight Off My Shoulders To Reach Lifelong Dream’

May 1, 2020 at 8:12

(CBSLA)- The Los Angeles Rams didn’t have a first round pick in this year’s NFL Draft. So, when they selected running back Cam Akers in the second round with what was their first pick of the draft, it set an immediate expectation for the Florida State star.

The team released former first round pick Todd Gurley this offseason leaving the backfield with the combination of former undrafted free agent Malcolm Brown and last year’s third round pick Darrell Henderson. Akers, as the highest draft pick among the group, will be expected to produce. He told team reporter Sarina Morales that he’s more than ready to come to work, bringing a competitive mentality to the running backs room.

“I know I can bring a dog mentality. Somebody who is fierce, who won’t be denied,” said Akers. “I’m all about business, love to win and love to compete.”

Full Article--
[losangeles.cbslocal.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/01/2020 06:53AM by RamBill.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Akers On Getting Drafted: ‘A Big Relief, Big Weight Off My Shoulders To Reach Lifelong Dream’

RamBill264May 01, 2020 06:53AM