Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mock Draft Mania - Night 6 - Injury Risk Draft

April 18, 2020 03:38PM
So I thought this might be fun, since everyone is stuck at home, to do 10 nights of mock drafts. Something to read, something to kill time. something to think about. But not to take serious. No one would ever do a draft like any of the first 8 for sure. Anyhow, if you guys like, throw out your own, comment, whatever. Its for fun. No wrong answers in these.

Heres the lineup:

Monday 13th - Explosive Playmakers Draft - no offensive lineman, no plodders, no kickers. Just fast, explosive playmakers. Think Al Davis [ramsrule.com]
Tuesday 14th - Power Draft - just the opposite - you want big, strong powerful players, this is your draft. Think the Anti-Al Davis [ramsrule.com]
Wednesday 15th - Offense Only Draft - so nothing on D or STs [ramsrule.com]
Thursday 16th - In the Trenches Draft - O and D line only, maybe a TE (but he has to be a good blocker) [ramsrule.com]
Friday 17th - Defense Only Draft - so no offense or ST [ramsrule.com]
Saturday 18th - Injury Risk Galore Draft - Only guys that currently or have had injuries in college
Sunday 19th - Where Is That Again Draft - Smaller schools only
Monday 20th - Rams are in Rebuild Mode Draft - Yup, Rams decide to blow it up and start all over. Should be interesting.
Tuesday 21st - What Would I Do Draft - This is usually part of my mock 3.0, but I will throw it out here. Its what I would do.
Wednesday 22nd - Deadpool's Mock Draft 3.0 - My final mock of 2020. Plenty of explanation.

No real rules here, I will try and not use the same guys over and over again, but there will be some crossover I'm sure. I won't so trades except in the Rebuild and What I would Do drafts, and some of these guys will be stretches, but within a round of where I think they should go.

With that said:

Injury Risk Draft - only guys that have or have had injuries that have been enough to red flag them.

52. Laviska Shenault Jr. - WR - Colorado - 6'-1" 227 lbs. - A physical, workhorse that just punishes defenders in the open field. Injuries are a concern. Labrum surgery and turf toe red flags.

57. Lucas Niang - OT - TCU - 6'-6" 315 lbs. - Another nice power/athletic combo blocker that plays with a nice edge. Injury slowed him some, and needs to get consistent. Hip surgery red flag

84. Netane Muti - IOL - Fresno St. - 6'-3" 315 lbs. - Skill set, power and movement ability should have him as the top IOL in the draft. he can flat out dominate. And looks to dominate you. Cannot stay healthy. Serious medical red flags.Ruptured achilles, achilles injury and Lisfranc injury red flags.

104. 96. Zack Moss - RB - Utah - 5'-9" 223 lbs. - A big, bigtime power back with some wiggle to him. Hard to bring down. I like his footwork. Not a HR hitter and a 1 cut and go type back. knee injury red flag.

126. Markus Bailey - LB - Purdue - 6'-1" 235 lbs. - A Kiser clone in the fact that he is a smart. between the tackles, run stopping machine. Not enough athletic ability or speed to cover against the pass. 2019 knee injury muddies his water. 2 down ILB. Knee injury red flag.

199. Levonta Taylor - CB - Florida State - 5'-10" 190 lbs. - a CB turned safety, smooth lower half and good speed and lack of strength make him an ideal zone fit, either as a nickel or S. had back problems in the past. Back injury red flag.

234. Oluwole Betiku Jr. - Edge - Illinois - 6'-3" 250 lbs. - Nice combo of athletic ability and power, but raw as all get out. Hip surgery and ankle injury red flags.

Don't waste your time looking back, you're not going that way. - Ragnar Lothbrok

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/2020 03:38PM by Deadpool.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Mock Draft Mania - Night 6 - Injury Risk Draft

Deadpool365April 18, 2020 03:38PM

Re: Mock Draft Mania - Night 6 - Injury Risk Draft

CraigMatson190April 18, 2020 04:25PM

Dead--couple more mock draft ideas

rampage666265April 19, 2020 05:36AM