Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

If nothing else, it will be a social experiment

April 17, 2020 02:37AM
I don't know if he's right or wrong. But he brings up a fascinating subject. Just how much of what coaches and GMs think and do are truly "copycat" and depend on what their peers seem to think and do? Personally, I don't think much of it is. These are all men with huge egos and what others think about their decisions don't matter. What matters is if they turn out to be right and successful....... or not. Of course they all have their inner circles of others in their field that they communicate with, and that is where most influence probably happens. Might coaches and GMs make better or worse decisions as a result of not having others chatter in their ear? They can't even send up smoke screens to confound their opponents. We won't know the answer for a couple of years, but in the 2022 and 2023 seasons when we see what happens with this draft class it will sure be interesting to compare it to the results of other draft classes. My guess is it just might be better because they will have to go on actual on-field results on film and not on things that may turn out to be extraneous and deceiving.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Interesting Draft Observation from Daniel Jeremiah

RamBill523April 16, 2020 09:15PM

Re: Interesting Draft Observation from Daniel Jeremiah

SoCalRAMatic228April 16, 2020 09:51PM

If nothing else, it will be a social experiment

RockRam218April 17, 2020 02:37AM

Rappaport mentioned something similar

Ram_Ruler219April 17, 2020 03:50AM