Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mock draft Mania - Night 4 - In The Trenches Draft

April 16, 2020 04:02PM
So I thought this might be fun, since everyone is stuck at home, to do 10 nights of mock drafts. Something to read, something to kill time. something to think about. But not to take serious. No one would ever do a draft like any of the first 8 for sure. Anyhow, if you guys like, throw out your own, comment, whatever. Its for fun. No wrong answers in these.

Heres the lineup:

Monday 13th - Explosive Playmakers Draft - no offensive lineman, no plodders, no kickers. Just fast, explosive playmakers. Think Al Davis [ramsrule.com]
Tuesday 14th - Power Draft - just the opposite - you want big, strong powerful players, this is your draft. Think the Anti-Al Davis [ramsrule.com]
Wednesday 15th - Offense Only Draft - so nothing on D or STs [ramsrule.com]
Thursday 16th - In the Trenches Draft - O and D line only, maybe a TE (but he has to be a good blocker)
Friday 17th - Defense Only Draft - so no offense or ST
Saturday 18th - Injury Risk Galore Draft - Only guys that currently or have had injuries in college
Sunday 19th - Where Is That Again Draft - Smaller schools only
Monday 20th - Rams are in Rebuild Mode Draft - Yup, Rams decide to blow it up and start all over. Should be interesting.
Tuesday 21st - What Would I Do Draft - This is usually part of my mock 3.0, but I will throw it out here. Its what I would do.
Wednesday 22nd - Deadpool's Mock Draft 3.0 - My final mock of 2020. Plenty of explanation.

No real rules here, I will try and not use the same guys over and over again, but there will be some crossover I'm sure. I won't so trades except in the Rebuild and What I would Do drafts, and some of these guys will be stretches, but within a round of where I think they should go.

With that said:

The In the Trenches Draft.This is OL/DL/Edge/TE (if they can block) only. Again, trying not to overlap a bunch of players.

52. Marlon Davidson - IDL - Auburn - 6'-3" 303 lbs. - 3T or 34 DE. I like him as a penetrating DE in a 34 that can also hold his own against the run. Big time motor. A 34 DE that adds depth to a DL that is suddenly deep and talented.

57. Julian Okwara - Edge - Notre Dame - 6'-4" 252 lbs. - A 34 Edge with a nice blend of explosiveness and flexibility. Needs to get stronger against the run. Adds a dynamic pass rush that is needed after Fowler left.

84. Prince Tega Wanogho - OT - Auburn - 6'-5" 308 lbs. - Surprise, an athletic, raw skilled LT from Auburn. He has elite tools, but needs a year learning and gaining strength. A good bargain in the 3rd, He needs some tech work and add a little strength, but when Whit retires, Prince should slide in at LT.

104. Tyler Biadasz - IOL - Wisconsin - 6'-4" 314 lbs. - OC for any scheme. Excellent mover with a great anchor and good strength. Off season hip surgery slowed him down last season. Followed by shoulder surgery this off season. Could be a heck of a steal. Could take a year to get into his 2018 form, but he is the OC of the future in LA.

126. Ben Bredeson - IOL - Michigan - 6'-5" 315 lbs. - A LG prospect I love that has played in Gap/man/OSZ at Mich so he is versatile. Decent mover with good balance and very good power that looks to finish blocks. He will pair up with fellow Big Ten lineman Biadasz to strengthen the 2 weakest positions on the OL.

199. Benito Jones - IDL - Ole Miss - 6'-1" 316 lbs. - a fire hydrant with very good strength. Won't slide thru gaps but holds more than his own against the run. A true NT with a little pass rush push. A true 2 down run stuffing NT, adds depth in the middle.

234. Sean McKeon - TE - Michigan - 6'-5" 242 lbs. - A combo TE that can block in line and be used as a pass catcher. Not the most dynamic route runner, or athlete, but he competes hard. Good 3rd TE for a roster. He'll add a 3rd dimension to the TE group that needs depth if they are to run more 2 TE packages.

The OL got better at its 2 worst spots in LG and OC. The DL got better across the board. A pass rusher was added early, a depth TE that can block was added and the replacement for Whit as well.

Don't waste your time looking back, you're not going that way. - Ragnar Lothbrok
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Mock draft Mania - Night 4 - In The Trenches Draft

Deadpool318April 16, 2020 04:02PM