Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mock draft Mania - Night 3 - Offense only Draft

April 15, 2020 04:08PM
So I thought this might be fun, since everyone is stuck at home, to do 10 nights of mock drafts. Something to read, something to kill time. something to think about. But not to take serious. No one would ever do a draft like any of the first 8 for sure. Anyhow, if you guys like, throw out your own, comment, whatever. Its for fun. No wrong answers in these.

Heres the lineup:

Monday 13th - Explosive Playmakers Draft - no offensive lineman, no plodders, no kickers. Just fast, explosive playmakers. Think Al Davis [ramsrule.com]
Tuesday 14th - Power Draft - just the opposite - you want big, strong powerful players, this is your draft. Think the Anti-Al Davis [ramsrule.com]
Wednesday 15th - Offense Only Draft - so nothing on D or STs
Thursday 16th - In the Trenches Draft - O and D line only, maybe a TE (but he has to be a good blocker)
Friday 17th - Defense Only Draft - so no offense or ST
Saturday 18th - Injury Risk Galore Draft - Only guys that currently or have had injuries in college
Sunday 19th - Where Is That Again Draft - Smaller schools only
Monday 20th - Rams are in Rebuild Mode Draft - Yup, Rams decide to blow it up and start all over. Should be interesting.
Tuesday 21st - What Would I Do Draft - This is usually part of my mock 3.0, but I will throw it out here. Its what I would do.
Wednesday 22nd - Deadpool's Mock Draft 3.0 - My final mock of 2020. Plenty of explanation.

No real rules here, I will try and not use the same guys over and over again, but there will be some crossover I'm sure. I won't so trades except in the Rebuild and What I would Do drafts, and some of these guys will be stretches, but within a round of where I think they should go.

With that said:

Offense Only Draft - So no defense or ST.Again, not trying to crossover too much. Otherwise why bother.

52. Matt Hennessy - IOL - Temple - 6'-4" 307 lbs. - A OZS OC that is an excellent mover with great technique. Needs to get stronger, but IQ and skill set are outstanding. Reminds me of Garrett Bradbury. 10 year OC starter for a zone blocking team. Perfect fit.

57.K.J. Hamler - WR - Penn State - 5'-9" 178 lbs. - Electrifying. In the open field as dangerous as any WR in the draft. Hands can be iffy, and he is small, but a HR hitter and someone a defense needs to plan for. If McVay isn't scared of his size, he has to be accounted for at all times.

84.Matt Peart - OT - Connecticut - 6'-7" 318 lbs. - An easy moving OT with decent strength that again, could use a year or 2 learning and adding power, but there is no denying the skills are there. A nice backup to Whit until he slides in as the starter.

104. Zack Moss - RB - Utah - 5'-9" 223 lbs. - A big, bigtime power back with some wiggle to him. Hard to bring down. I like his footwork. Not a HR hitter and a 1 cut and go type back. He runs angry and patient at the same time. Like a slow mo car crash. Perfect compliment to Hendo.

126. Ben Bredeson - IOL - Michigan - 6'-5" 315 lbs. - A LG prospect I love that has played in Gap/man/OSZ at Mich so he is versatile. Decent mover with good balance and very good power that looks to finish blocks. Hers's your starting LG, if not this year, next.

199. Charlie Taumoepeau - TE - Portland State - 6'-2" 240 lbs. - Literally a move TE. He played H-back, RB, TE, WR for Portland State. So he can block and catch and be a nice depth piece. Nothing athletically extraordinary. He would be a H back in McVays new offense. a nice movable chess piece.

234.James Proche - WR - SMU - 5'-11" 201 lbs. - Natural hands and just catches everything. Smooth athlete, with great college production. Not a burner. Needs to work on route running. The Rams lost not only Cooks but Mike Thomas. Proche has the best hands in the draft, and could be a nice compliment to Hamler, Woods, Kupp and Reynolds.

So ignoring the defense allowed me to add a LT, LG and OC. Completely rebuild the left side of the line. Add a workhorse back, an electrifying deep threat, a 5th WR and a move TE. Who needs a pass rush with this offense?

Don't waste your time looking back, you're not going that way. - Ragnar Lothbrok
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Mock draft Mania - Night 3 - Offense only Draft

Deadpool280April 15, 2020 04:08PM