Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Deadpool's 2020 Top 10 by Position List - Offense

April 08, 2020 02:47PM
These are my final positional rankings. Some of these guys (especially the LBers) could end up on 2 or 3 lists. I put them where I personally like them the best.

I put this is in a separate post from my Big Board to make it easier to ask and answer questions, but if the admins want to join them, I do not care.

I will put my own thoughts under each position as far as depth and what I think of some of the prospects.

The # in the parenthesis is the overall rank of the player in regards to the big board.

This is not a projective list. I am not projecting where players will get picked. I am scoring players and then sorting them high score to low score, tiebreakers go to my personal feeling.

QBs:

1. (14) Joe Burrow - QB - LSU - 6'-3" 221 lbs. - Above average in most categories. Elite movement in and manipulation of the pocket makes him special. Prototypical size helps.

2. (16) Tua Tagovailoa - QB - Alabama - 6'-0" 217 lbs. - Love his athletic ability, accuracy to all levels and competitiveness. Injury history drops him a slot.

3. (26) Justin Herbert - QB - Oregon - 6'-6" 236 lbs. - Big kid, big arm. Needs to fix some mechanics involving his legs. I worry he isn't a natural leader.

4. (36) Jordan Love - QB - Utah State - 6'-4" 224 lbs. - I don't get the Mahommes comp., He pressed bigtime this year and struggled. Big time athlete with big arm.

5. (69) Jacob Eason - QB - Washington - 6'-6" 231 lbs. - Biggest arm in the class, but is a statue and panics a little too easily for my taste.

6. (77) Jake Fromm - QB - Georgia - 6'-2" 219 lbs. - Smartest QB in the draft, has a noodle for an arm and is a little on the small side.

7. (98) Steven Montez - QB - Colorado - 6'-4" 231 lbs. - Big arm, all the tools, has just never put it all together.

8. (105) Jalen Hurts - QB - Oklahoma - 6'-1" 221 lbs. - Athletic, alpha dog that has problems with seeing the whole field and accuracy issues. Needs to be coached up.

9. (159) Anthony Gordan - QB - Washington State - 6'-2" 205 lbs. - Tough leader with an OK arm. Air Raid muddies the water, but he can manage a football team.

10. (175) James Morgan - QB - FIU - 6'-4" 229 lbs. - A toolsy gunslinger with no fear. Not sure he has the tools above the neck to be a pro QB.

I really like the top 2 QBs. And if you would have asked me last year about my thoughts on Joe Burrow, they would have lead you to believe he was a 6th round pick. I am concerned about Tua's injury history (thanks Sam Bradford) but I have heard doctors say his new tightroped ankles are stronger then ever before and high ankle sprains should be a thing of the past. THe hip is a freak injury and should not be re-occurring. After that, it gets kinda projectiony. Love has a ton of athletic tools but really forced things this year. I have questions about herberts leadership qualities, Hurts' accuracy, Fromm's arm strength, eason's lack of any kind of athletic ability. Etc.

RBs:

1. (27) Jonathan Taylor - RB - Wisconsin - 5'-10" 226 lbs. - A workhorse back with HR speed and excellent vision. Pass catching is his worst trait, and its fine.

2. (29) D'Andre Swift - RB - Georgia - 5'-8" 212 lbs. - Bellcow back with excellent footwork and balance, HR speed and can catch passes. Not a between the tackles type.

3. (33) JK Dobbins - RB - Ohio State - 5'-9" 210 lbs. - Inside out back that can catch passes, extremely tough after first contact and can go the distance. I wish he was a tad bigger.

4. (43) Clyde Edwards-Helaire - RB - LSU - 5'-7" 207 lbs. - An easy mover with a powerful lower half. May lack the size to handle a full NFL load.

5. (57) Cam Akers - RB - Florida State - 5'-10" 217 lbs. - Another feature back buried on a horrible offense. Does a little of everything., but he's a downhill 1 cut style power back at his best.

6. (74) Eno Benjamin - RB - Arizona State - 5'-9" 207 lbs. - Physical for his size, smooth lower half and can be slippery to tackle. Change of pace back only.

7. (96) Zack Moss - RB - Utah - 5'-9" 223 lbs. - A big, bigtime power back with some wiggle to him. Hard to bring down. I like his footwork. Not a HR hitter and a 1 cut and go type back.

8. (114) Lamical Perine - RB - Florida - 5'-11" 216 lbs. - A patient power back with just enough juice to get to the house. Enough wiggle to get outside, but is at his best working north to south.

9. (119) Anthony McFarland - RB - Maryland - 5'-8" 208 lbs. - An undersized, raw talented HR threat from anywhere on the field. Not a 3 down guy.

10. (123) Antonio Gibson - RB - Memphis - 6'-1" 223 lbs. - A wr/rb/do it all back with home run ability. Elusive with a bit of power. A jack of all trades, master of none.

I like this class quite a bit. The top 4 all have feature back potential, and Akers, Moss, Perine have feature back upside. Gibson is a WR in a RB body, so he could do alot of things. A lot of good RBs didn't even make this list.

WRs:

1. (6) Jerry Jeudy - WR - Alabama - 6'-1" 193 lbs. - Excellent hands, excellent route runner and electric speed. Everything you want in a #1 WR.

2. (8) CeeDee lamb -WR - Oklahoma - 6'-2" 198 lbs. - a size/speed WR that is an absolute terror in the open field. Excellent hands are just the cherry on top. Could use some strength.

3. (21) Laviska Shenault Jr. - WR - Colorado - 6'-1" 227 lbs. - A physical, workhorse that just punishes defenders in the open field. Injuries are a concern.

4. (23) Henry Ruggs III - WR - Alabama - 5'-11" 188 lbs. - Here's your HR threat. a pure speed machine that won't wow you with his route running ability.

5. (32) Tee Higgins - WR - Clemson - 6'-4" 216 lbs. - a highpoint, catch raduis WR that wins at all levels of the field, but is at his best winning 50/50. Good, not great speed.

6. (37) Justin Jefferson - WR - LSU - 6'-1" 202 lbs. - Good route runner, good hands, good speed, good blocker. Not explosive, but gets open, makes catches and scores.

7. (40) Van Jefferson - WR - Florida - 6'-1" 200 lbs. - A route running technician, good hands and is OK in the open field. Not explosive and not what I would call a HR threat.

8. (48) Jalen Reagor - WR - Arizona State - 5'-11' 206 lbs. - He's a jittery HR hitter that is electric deep or in the open field. His hands are iffy IMO, or he'd be higher on my list.

9. (50) Donovan Peoples-Jones - WR - Michigan - 6'-2" 212 lbs. - Good hands and an excellent athlete. Underused in that woeful Mich. offense. He is more of a projection due to lack of production.

10. (51) Denzel Mims - WR - Baylor - 6'-3" 207 lbs. - Big, strong with decent speed. He can go up and get it. A real 50/50 ball stud. Lacks any real route running.

Wow, never have I ever seen a deeper draft at any position then WR this year. My #11 and #12, KJ Hamler and Brandon Aiyuk would be top 6 WRs in any other year. The top 3 are as good a top 3 WR class as any I can remember and this draft has talent all the way to round 7. There are going to be some UDFA WRs that make rosters.

TEs:

1. (68) Brycen Hopkins - TE - Purdue - 6'-4" 245 lbs. - Your prototypical new age TE. A mismatch problem in the middle of the field that is a smooth, easy mover. Not an inline blocker, I worry a bit about his hands.

2. (86) Albert Okwuegbunam - TE - Missouri - 6'-5" 258 lbs. - Big target with enough athletic ability to create issues in the seam. A decent and willing blocker inline. Offense and QB really slowed down his progression.

3. (90) Thaddeus Moss - TE - LSU - 6'-2" 250 lbs. - Not the freakish athlete his dad was, but is a monster in the blocking game, is a nuanced route runner and knows how to get open. Competes hard.

4. (93) Cole Kmet - TE - Notre Dame - 6'-6" 263 lbs. - Another size mismatch with decent athleticism. Should be a better blocker then he is. Good hands, decent route runner.

5. (95) Adam Troutman - TE - Dayton - 6'-5" 255 lbs. - Exciting athlete that is new to being a TE. Extremely productive, but a raw skill set including route running. A plus blocker.

6. (107) Hunter Bryant - TE - Washington - 6'-2" 248 lbs. - Smooth moving, explosive pass catcher. Offers nothing in the way of blocking and his size won't scare anyone.

7. (134) Jared Pinkney - Vanderbilt - 6'-4" 257 lbs. - Great hands, good athlete, good enough blocker to play inline. Needs to cleanup route running. Not a monster after the catch.

8. (146) Colby Parkinson - TE - Stanford - 6'-7 252 lbs. - Big with a big wingspan, he will torture defenders in the middle of the field and the endzone. Not a great blocker and needs to get stronger.

9. (151) Harrison Bryant - TE -Florida Atlantic - 6'-5" 243 lbs. - Athletic with good hands and is a good route runner. He isn't a blocker. His calling card is in the middle of the field.

10. (155) Jacob Breeland - TE - Oregon - 6'-5" 252 lbs. - An average at best athlete, but plays with an edge and isn't afraid of contact. Good hands and can get deep. Decent inline blocker.

This class is not great. I actually called it gross. Kmet has some upside, Moss is an oldschool type TE that can actually block, and Troutman has the highest ceiling, but no real proven studs in this class.

OTs:

1. (5) Jedrick Wills - OT - Alabama - 6'-4" 312 lbs. - Played RT to protect a lefty QB. He can dominate you power wise and has plenty of juice to move, slide hit and rinse repeat. Oh, and he is a technician as well as a mauler...

2. (7) Tristan Wirfs - OT - Iowa - 6'-5" 320 lbs. - Some think he's an OG. They are wrong. Athletic and powerful with good technique. He can play either side and be a 10-year rock star.

3. (10) Mekhi Becton - OT - Louisville - 6'-7" 357 lbs.- The Mountain. He is a physical rarity. He is fast, strong big and agile. Has had issues maintaining his weight in the past.

4. (15) Andrew Thomas - OT - Georgia - 6'-5" 315 lbs. - Not the athlete the top 3 are, but if hands are on you, be prepared to eat dirt. Excellent hands combined with that power makes for a long day against the run.

5. (39) Josh Jones - OT - Houston - 6'-5" 319 lbs. - Super athlete with great feet, decent anchor that would work best in a zone scheme. Not the dog the top 4 are, but still will get after it.

6. (42) Austin Jackson - OT - USC - 6'-5" 322 lbs. - Lost time/strength due to helping his sister with a medical issue. He may need a year, but a full toolbox with a good balance of strength and agility.

7. (44) Lucas Niang - OT - TCU - 6'-6" 315 lbs. - Another nice power/athletic combo blocker that plays with a nice edge. Injury slowed him some, and needs to get consistent.

8. (72) Ben Bartch - OT - St. Johns (MN) - 6'-6" 309 lbs. - Small School prospect that held his own at Senior Bowl. TE turned OT. Athletic with a nice anchor, he needs seasoning. Arm length probably moves him inside.

9. (75) Matt Peart - OT - Connecticut - 6'-7" 318 lbs. - An easy moving OT with decent strength that again, could use a year or 2 learning and adding power, but there is no denying the skills are there.

10. (81) Prince Tega Wanogho - OT - Auburn - 6'-5" 308 lbs. - Surprise, an athletic, raw skilled LT from Auburn. He has elite tools, but needs a year learning and gaining strength.

Top 4 are outstanding, the next 3 are also very good, with a question mark and then after that, its guys that fit specific schemes and might need time getting developed and adding weight/power. Tough to go wrong with any of these guys and they should all be gone by the end of day 2.

IOL:

1. (25) Cesar Ruiz - IOL - Michigan - 6'-3" 307 lbs. - Zone or man, excellent pass blocker, can play OG or OC. Best combo of size/strength and athletic ability in the IOL group. I like him as a Zone scheme OC.

2. (45) Lloyd Cushenberry - IOL - LSU - 6'-3" 312 lbs. - Another OG/OC candidate. Strong and tough, not as mobile as the other top OCs. Really improved over the year.

3. (54) Matt Hennessy - IOL - Temple - 6'-4" 307 lbs. - A OZS OC that is an excellent mover with great technique. Needs to get stronger, but IQ and skill set are outstanding. Reminds me of Garrett Bradbury.

4. (64) Jonah Jackson - IOL - Ohio St. - 6'-3" 306 lbs. - A technician with decent strength that can play anywhere on the inside. Needs to be more consistent. Plays with an edge.

6. (78) Robert Hunt - IOL - Louisiana-Lafayette - 6'-5" 323 lbs. - 2nd nastiest OG in the draft. He is a punisher. Needs to be a little more patient, but he will finish on all levels.

7. (99) Logan Stenberg - IOL - Kentucky - 6'-6" 317 lbs. - Meanest, nastiest OG in the draft. Won't win on style points and will talk your ear off. Not a great athlete.

8. (100) Tyler Biadasz - IOL - Wisconsin - 6'-4" 314 lbs. - OC for any scheme. Excellent mover with a great anchor and good strength. Off season hip surgery slowed him down last season. Followed by shoulder surgery this off season. Could be a heck of a steal.

8. (120) Ben Bredeson - IOL - Michigan - 6'-5" 315 lbs. - A LG prospect I love that has played in Gap/man/OSZ at Mich so he is versatile. Decent mover with good balance and very good power that looks to finish blocks.

9. (122) Damien Lewis - IOL - LSU - 6'-2" 327 lbs. - Aggressive and powerful, lacks the lateral movement skills to work in a zone scheme. Will overwhelm you in man power.

10. (126) Netane Muti - IOL - Fresno St. - 6'-3" 315 lbs. - Skill set, power and movement ability should have him as the top IOL in the draft. he can flat out dominate. And looks to dominate you. Cannot stay healthy. Serious medical red flags.

This is an OK class. The OC position took a hit when Creed Humphrey went back to Oklahoma and Biadasz never really rounded into form after a surgery before the season. OG has some good talrent, not great and the value with most of this group lies in rounds 2-4. I only see Ruiz as a first rounder. And I won'rt even call him a lock.

Don't waste your time looking back, you're not going that way. - Ragnar Lothbrok
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Deadpool's 2020 Top 10 by Position List - Offense

Deadpool995April 08, 2020 02:47PM

Great lists ... I mean we're just really close on all these guys ...

alyoshamucci251April 08, 2020 03:09PM

You really like Kmet, and I went back and slid him up some

Deadpool229April 08, 2020 03:16PM

Yes on Aiyuk ...

alyoshamucci234April 08, 2020 05:12PM

Re: Deadpool's 2020 Top 10 by Position List - Offense

dzrams198April 08, 2020 03:26PM

Re: Deadpool's 2020 Top 10 by Position List - Offense

Deadpool237April 08, 2020 03:52PM

Reagor or Mims now ...

alyoshamucci200April 09, 2020 03:19PM

Interesting comment from Denzel Mims in an interview