Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Confusing and a Reach

April 08, 2020 07:52AM
so the covid virus somehow makes the Ramsey trade look better because teams can't do quite as much due diligence on players? Thats simply a reach. I think most agree that even the combine which took place is mostly an "Underwear Olympics" where players rise and drop based on non football metrics that mostly do more harm in evaluation than good. All teams have more tape on each player than at any point in history. Scouts can pick up the phone and talk to players, their high school teachers, family and friends of players, etc..... Medical information is widely available. There is no deficiency of relevant information on a player at a teams disposal. In fact, I personally feel "less is more" in this respect.

Im ambivalent on Ramsey trade. First, the Rams were obviously not going to make a run at SB when this desperate trade was made. While I do recognize he is a superior talent, I have three worries.

a. He is a diva, From his GQ article 2 years ago when he trashed all the QBs he played with, to his fake injury to force a trade out of Jacksonville. Im not sure you go all in on this type of personality.

b. the finances. Ramsey is a year away from cashing in. The Rams will likely make him the highest paid CB in history. Thats tough when we already are paying record contracts to AD and Goff, have Gurley on the books, and have several other questionable contracts (Higbee, Havenstein, Cooks, etc....). We have extensions for guys like Kupp, JJ, etc...coming due.

c. loss of 1st rd picks. This stings the most. Rookies offer great talent at a cheap price for 4/5 years. Losing out on this advantage is a HUGE handicap for the Rams and the salary cap.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2020 07:55AM by spagsbacker.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Added benefit of trading two first round picks for Ramsey...

Rams43639April 07, 2020 05:36PM

Re: Added benefit of trading two first round picks for Ramsey...

SoCalRAMatic175April 08, 2020 07:18AM

Re: Added benefit of trading two first round picks for Ramsey...

Rams43199April 08, 2020 07:46AM

spagsbacker189April 08, 2020 07:52AM

headslapper219April 08, 2020 08:36AM

cool_hand_luke167April 08, 2020 09:15AM