Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Draft Thoughts

March 14, 2020 10:42AM
Let start with our needs, I do think we have positional needs but we are not desperate in any position which allows us to be fairly flexible with our picks. Our biggest need is the D Line, I am assuming that Brockers will leave and I don't think we have any real option to replace him unless we pick up someone in free agency. So my draft priorities would be:

1) D Line, this is without doubt our biggest need, so if we cannot get a good rookie then we have to address it in free agency.
2) OLB/Edge, again I assume that Dante leaves but I do think that with Obo, Ebukam, Mathews, Lawler and Polite we have some decent option, no stars for sure but with a strong backfield I think we could go into the season with these 5, that said, I think there are some good options at edge in the 3rd round.
3) IOL, I think Big Whit will be back but Blythe is not so certain, if Blythe doesn't come back then C becomes a big need, if he does come back, I still think we need either a C or G who can challenge for an start in 20. I have not given up on our OL yet, I know it was a problem but I think it will get better next season Whit, Hav's, Edwards, Noteboom, Evans and Corbett could make up a good starting 5 and I don't think the Front Office (or me) are ready to give up on Allen yet either. That said I would still like to add someone inside. We have a habit of signing Tackles and then putting them inside but I would rather just go out and grab one of the top IOL's.
4) Safety, Yes, I know we have Rapp and JJ but there is very little behind them unless we resign Christian and JJ is a free agent next year.
5) ILB, sadly I think Littleton is gone but the FO seem to be high on Howard and Kiser and Reeder and Young are solid backups.
6) WR, yes we are stacked just now but 21 could be very different. I also think that that there are going to be some quality WRs available in the 4th round so this should definitely be a target area. We could look at trading Reynolds but I don't think we would get enough to justify it, Reynolds is a very solid backup and could easily be a starter on other teams so unless we got a 4th for him I would keep him.
7) RB, Todd is obviously number 1 and I assume that Henderson will be number 2 so do we trade Brown and try and draft a replacement, I think so.
8) TE, I think we are set at TE right now, I think we will keep Mundt who start to make an impact. We could explore trading Everett and if we got a decent offer then I would take it, Higbee is TE1 and Mundt could be a solid TE2 that would leave Blanton or a low round pick as backup which is fine as we do play 11 for the majority of snaps.
9) QB, might be worth exploring a late round pick as a development prospect. Bortles will probably go so Wolford will probably be backup.

So, first things first, there is no way Les is not going to trade down to try and get extra picks, that 3rd round comp pick was a huge boost but I still think we need to try and earn another 4th round pick. So on to the picks:

At 52 I would be looking for a little trade back unless one of top prospects at some of our positional need drop, for instance
D Line: Blacklock or Elliot
Edge: I am happy that we can get a good option in the 3rd so I wouldn't bite here
IOL: Cesar Ruiz
Safety: Ashtyn Davis
I don't think any of the above will be there so I would take a trade back to around 60 and go for one of the following in order:
D Line: Raekwon Davis, Marlon Davidson
IOL: Cushenberry
Safety: Duggan
I think Davis or Davidson should be there if not then I would consider taken another small trade back and going for either Madubuike or Gallimore if not then I would take a bigger trade back and go for either Okwara, Greenard, Anae or Weaver at edge. I will assume that we get Marlon Davidson after a small trade back to around 60.
At 84 I would be looking for edge but would consider another trade back if Greenard, Anae and Weaver are all there, if not then I would take the best available. If all 3 are gone then I would look at Uche. I will assume that we get Greenard after a small trade back to around 90.
At 104 I would be looking for IOL, unfortunately Ruiz and Cushenberry are already gone but Biadasz, Lewis, Simpson, Hennessy, Bredeson or Muti should be available. I will assume we get Biadasz at 104.
With the trade backs so far I am assuming we have got an extra 5th round pick, so unless someone falls then I would be looking for another trade back to upgrade that 5th to a late 4th round pick. There should still be some good WRs around at the tail end of the 4th. Ideally Pitmann would be there if not then I would be looking at Claypool, Edwards or Hodgins. I will say we get Hodgins at 135 which gives us the extra 4th round pick. Julian Blackmon, Logan Wilson and Davion Taylor are all players I would be looking at if they are still available but if we could get AJ Dillon at this spot then I would bite.
At 199 I would be looking at Tanner Muse, he is listed as a safety but is probably better suited as a linebacker. Jalen Elliot would be a good alternative.
7th round is just a case of who's available and taking the best option, possible Charlie Heck, Jacob Breeland or a developmental QB. If we don't resign GZ then Blankenship would be a need.
So to summarise, we get the following picks:
Marlon Davidson
Jonathan Greenard
Tyler Biadasz
Isaiah Hodgins
AJ Dillon
Tanner Muse
and lets say Jacob Breeland
So that means our priority should be to resign Whitworth, Zurlein and Christian.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Draft Thoughts

Scottish Ram288March 14, 2020 10:42AM