Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Best explanation from McVay regarding Gurley I’ve seen....

February 27, 2020 04:54PM
zn
tonyde
zn
Which doesn't help you THAT much if your back is not the same as before. As usual, for whatever reason, McVay does not address that. I think it;s at least in part because TG himself does not want it addressed.

They can improve the running game at the level of schemes and so on, and TG will probably benefit from that, but only so much. Though...it might be enough for the run to be a decent factor in the overall offense, or more than it was in 2019. But I doubt we'll see 2018 again with TG.

Idk... last years Todd Gurley reminded me of the one from 2016. The one that didn’t get much blocking. He’s a big slasher. He needs room to get moving. Do we even know that’s he’s lost a step? Or is he a system running back that actually needs help from his teammates to thrive?!?! Lol

Well in fact he was hurt in 2016. McGinnis later said he was not healthy that season. It showed in the off-season--he lost weight, didn't start his normal workouts for 1-2 months (that's according to him), and was not used at all in the preseason. He did not look the same and many noted it.

Many backs can still produce with subpar OLs or Steven Jackson would not have had a career.

In terms of TG, he did produce in the redzone, and at a high level. So he still has something.

Their starting oline included two players that were soon out of the NFL(Wichman and Barnes), Greg Robinson, Saffold, and Havenstein. No real passing game with Keenan. Terrible.

He may very well have been beat up. That wasn
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Best explanation from McVay regarding Gurley I’ve seen....

tonyde765February 26, 2020 08:03PM

rampage666341February 26, 2020 08:49PM

zn333February 26, 2020 09:06PM

Hazlet Hacksaw222February 27, 2020 12:13PM

tonyde211February 27, 2020 12:50PM

zn228February 27, 2020 01:56PM

tonyde170February 27, 2020 04:54PM

zn183February 27, 2020 05:05PM