Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Chances of a Defensive battle in this SB?

January 31, 2020 07:50AM
I don't see a low scoring game. The whiners will likely give deep help to Sherman or whatever side Hill is on. Normally they play alot of cover 3, which makes Sherman responsible deep for his third of the field. They do that vs the Chiefs hill will have a huge day. Sherman is good at what he does but he cant cover Hill deep. Niners pass rush could be a problem but I see Reid attacking the short areas (if whiners slide coverage help over the top to Sherman) and really stretching the field horizontally.

With Kelce and Hill streching vertically, Williams/Hardman could have big days. Move Mahomes around to let the whiners dbs get depth in their zones and then dump it short. Could also see a game with a ton of RPOs if the whiners decide they are not letting Mahomes out of the pocket. This game is all on Mahomes and Reid to create opportunities and make the right decisions with the ball. The whiners will need to take risks to stop the Chiefs. If they sit back to not allow the big play, I think the Chiefs win that as well.

The Whiners offense is very good schematically. They create extra gaps in the running game with motion and fb/tes and cause alot of chaos for defenders in understanding where they are supposed to be. I see the two weeks of preparation helping the Chiefs here. The Chiefs lbs are not good. I would expect Shanahan to really isolate them vs Kittle, his rbs, and the fb. Especially if the Chiefs are playing run first. I could see Shanahan going playaction a ridiculous amount.

With all the talk about the whiners defense, KC has the best defensive player on the field w Chris Jones. If Frank Clark plays well those two could dominate the line. And I dont see the whiners having an advantage with their wrs vs the dbs of the Chiefs. I think the Chiefs should ignore play action, and play pass first and know they will give up alot of 8 yard runs but not the 15+ yard plays. Spags, with that offense behind him, really only needs to win probably 5 or 6 possessions. If the Chiefs get three stops a half they win easy. I consider a fg a stop fwiw.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Chances of a Defensive battle in this SB?

JamesJM339January 31, 2020 07:30AM

Re: Chances of a Defensive battle in this SB?

rampage666190January 31, 2020 07:50AM

Re: Before I answer your question

RamsFanSinceLA211January 31, 2020 08:32AM

Well that was silly...

JamesJM151January 31, 2020 08:59AM

Re: Well that was silly...

RamsFanSinceLA156January 31, 2020 09:44AM

JamesJM137January 31, 2020 11:19AM

RamsFanSinceLA155January 31, 2020 11:29AM

doubtful but i’ve been wrong before