Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Where do I start?

January 13, 2020 09:04AM
First, I can never root for an SEC team, I've been a long distance fan of Auburn since I found out my alltime favorite Ram went to college there.

Second, I like what what Dabo is doing at Clemson. He seems more down to earth and likable then Saban and some others. IDK, Maybe I just cant stand the other SEC teams that much.

As for the game, it really looks like LSUs year. They finally brought in a OC that doesn't think innovative offense was at its peak in 1970. And I will admit this now, and prolly later on as well, I had zero faith Burrow was legit in any real way, but he is the real deal. He's a natural leader on the field, not an overwhelming arm, but its good enough to make all the throws. he's mobile, but he mostly runs when he absolutely has to and does a nice job of keeping his eyes downfield. His ability to move around in the pocket to create more time to throw or to create a throwing lane is phenomenal. Not just climbing, but slide stepping as well. He does what I would absolutely love to see Goff do.

Clemson has a better defense then Oklahoma, and its not even close, but I just don't see how Clemson slows down Burrow.

Some key matchups to look for tonight. First Burrow vs Lawrence. I know, low hanging fruit, but whoever makes the fewest mistakes wins. IMO if the draft were today, you'd have a massive debate on who would go 1 and who would go 2.

Isaiah Simmons - the do it all LBer for Clemson, he is going to have to have a game keeping Burrow in that pocket and not extending plays.
AJ Terrell (CB Clem) vs. Justin Jefferson (WR LSU )
Kristian Fulton (CB LSU ) vs. Tee Higgins (WR Clem)

A pair of top 10 WR vs top 10 CB matchups that will go along way in determining this game. Esp the Higgins v Fulton. Those are both top 3 at their respected spots. Really excited about these matchups.

John Simpson (OG Clem ) & Gage Cervenka (OG Clem) vs. Rashard Lawrence (DT LSU ) If LSU can generate inside pressure and make Trever Lawrence uncomfortable, it could be a long day for Clemson.

Travis Eteinne vs the LSU LBers, Eteinne does most of his damage in the second level and LSUs inside backers are going to get tested.

Lastly K'Lavon Chaisson (Edge LSU ) vs Clemsons OTs. Chaisson single handedly wrecked Oklahoma's night. He was a fringe 1st round prospect that needed to develop some pass rush moves to go with his natural gifts and size. It looks like he has and on top of that, he is a leader. If he gets going its probably over for Clemson. They have to stop him at all costs.

Wild card - Mike Divinity Jr - activated for tonights game after some suspensions or something team rules violations related IDK, anyway, is a good edge that can cover backs, TEs and get after the QB a little. I have no idea how much he plays or how effective he will be, but he could be a factor.

Don't waste your time looking back, you're not going that way. - Ragnar Lothbrok

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2020 09:05AM by Deadpool.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

So who do you like tonight?

roman18292January 13, 2020 07:42AM

LSU...

JamesJM243January 13, 2020 07:46AM

Re: LSU.......And Coach "O"!

oldschoolramfan137January 13, 2020 09:47AM

I like both teams...

Rams43111January 13, 2020 07:49AM

Re: So who do you like tonight?

MamaRAMa262January 13, 2020 08:17AM

Alabama and Clemson last year...