Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rams will be tested by yet another 'dynamic runner' in Kyler Murray

November 27, 2019 06:02AM

Cameron DaSilva

“I kid you not, and I wouldn’t lie to you guys. Half the time, I didn’t know where the ball was.”

That was said by Eric Weddle after the Rams got their “faces peeled off” by the Ravens, as the veteran safety put it. He and his fellow defenders had no idea how to stop MVP frontrunner Lamar Jackson, who torched them for five touchdown passes and 95 yards rushing in only three quarters of play.

The good news is, the Rams won’t have to face Jackson again this season unless they miraculously make it to the Super Bowl. The bad news is, they have to play a quarterback with similar speed and quickness twice in the next five weeks – beginning on Sunday when the Rams visit Kyler Murray and the Cardinals.

It’s the team’s first taste of Murray, who’s in contention for Offensive Rookie of the Year after being drafted No. 1 overall by Arizona. He doesn’t run as much as Jackson, and the Cardinals don’t utilize zone reads the way Baltimore does, but Murray is certainly the second-fastest quarterback in the league.

Full Article--
[theramswire.usatoday.com]
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

RamBill93November 27, 2019 06:02AM