Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: A lot goes into pass defense

November 22, 2019 06:47AM
RockRam
We do have a very good secondary..... with depth.

But our ability to rush 4 and put pressure on the QB is also huge.

Then add in Littleton's ability to shadow RBs and TEs.

I think an unsung hero is our NT. I know that has nothing to do with pass defense. But the reality is that he really clogs up both A gaps and what I notice is that he is agile enough to make plays even outside the OTs.

By shutting down the run, then the offense must pass; and this enables our D to be able to deploy a maximum pass defense and not be concerned about the run.

Things will be different with Jackson this Monday; but the Rams know how to play a running QB and usually have good success against them.

It may work the opposite. Or it could be both.

The Rams are 2nd in the league in run defense measured by yards per carry at 3.3. However, since Ramsey arrived, they have allowed 2.9 yards per carry which is 1st in that 4 game period. That .4 yards less per carry is a significant improvement for what was already really good.

I think what's happening is Wade is using fewer resources with less zone in the pass defense since Ramsey, Hill, and NRC all excel in man coverage and therefore is able to devote more attention to stopping the run.

Either way, on Monday we're gonna have to play our greatest Russel Wilson defense yet. I'm hopeful they can contain Jackson. That's the key.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Jalen Ramsey gets a lot of praise, but Rams' other 2 CBs are thriving

RamBill342November 22, 2019 05:25AM

A lot goes into pass defense

RockRam187November 22, 2019 05:31AM

both our NTs side by side vs the Ravens....imo

SunTzu_vs_Camus205November 22, 2019 06:36AM

Re: both our NTs side by side vs the Ravens....imo

Steve116November 23, 2019 09:00PM

Re: A lot goes into pass defense

dzrams172November 22, 2019 06:47AM