Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Good Summary 43

October 29, 2019 09:45AM
I pretty much agree with everything you said.

While watching the game, especially in the 2nd half when we were up 2 TDs, I got the distinct feeling the McVay "called off the dogs", like you mentioned. It also looked to me like the team as a whole just didn't have the intensity we'd like to see, especially on defense against the run, and I attribute that to playing the winless Bengals. I think in the back of their subconscious minds they figured they didn't need their best effort to beat them. All my speculation of course.

Regarding Gurley: I'm seeing 2016 again. Then, there were no holes to run through in that "middle school offense", and Gurley would just lower his head and plow into the line. That's happening again this year, and the reason is our poor OL. The holes just aren't there. That doesn't absolve all culpability from Gurley though. He clearly isn't the same runner. He doesn't seem to have the "juice" we saw in 2017 and 2018. In addition, it seems like there is an attitude issue as well.

I'm glad we won obviously but it just didn't seem like a very gratifying win. Goff's completion percentage was only 55%, which is a disturbing trend. Yes I know 370 yards and 2 TDs is good, but we gotta have a better completion percentage to keep drives going.

We had way too many penalties. I think this goes back to the lack of intensity speculation.

Bottom line is, a win is a win. BUT, we need to play better moving forward if we want to see the post season. I think it's going to take AT LEAST an 11-5 record this year.

"He who knows all the answers has not been asked all the questions."
- Confucius

“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
- Patrick Rothfuss

"With age comes wisdom, but sometimes age comes alone."
- Oscar Wilde
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

A few general comments after the Bengals game...

Rams43518October 28, 2019 12:53PM

Re: Good Summary 43

RamsFanSinceLA193October 29, 2019 09:45AM

Secondary Coverage and Run Game

Hazlet Hacksaw149October 29, 2019 10:30AM