October 16, 2019 03:39AM
...and I was declared a silly person!!
Ramsey poll

Here's why it's a good deal...
I thought the Rams would pick a CB in the first round of the 2020 anyway. Heck, I had the Rams drafting 2 rookie CBs in the first & 2nd round this coming year cause we're losing Peters & talib. The Rams were gonna draft a CB at number 1 anyway this year. imo
Most likely a mid round/ 1st rounder pick for an unproven CB.

Would you use a single 1st round pick for caliber player like Ramsey?? Maybe an additional 2nd?? If so, then the this trade makes a lot of sense.The real cost was one EXTRA 1st round pick - since we'd expend one on Ramsey anyway - if there was a player like him that fell to us in the mid-first round this coming 2020 draft.

So, that is like getting a Top 5 pick in the mid round and we're only giving up 2 extra picks for one of the BEST CBs in the NFL.
Disregard the 4th rounder - that's a mid level roll of the dice.

Peters was a cap dump and we got a decent prospect under contract for cheap for the next 2 years in Young...and a need LB for us to work with.
The Corbett deal was interesting as I liked that kid a lot in the 2018 draft and thot we could get him in the 3rd & 4th and was surprised he went so high (top of the 2nd). Corbett is also a cheap player for another 3 yrs and has some violence to him that Demby doesn't have. At virtually no cost - a 5th rounder in 2021.

I like that we make trades and pay players that have PROVED they are good. If we didn't make this move we'd be in a position to have to pay Peters a big contract and he just isn't the player he was in KC. Now, we have a CB that will be worth the contract we give him....and he will get to cover/travel with the WR the whole game and just erase him.

Now, we can draft and/or trade down in the 2nd & 3rd rounds and collect lots of OL & DL.

"L'audace, l'audace. Toujours l'audace!"

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/2019 03:42AM by SunTzu_vs_Camus.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

I told ya'll bout the Ramsey trade 3 weeks ago....

SunTzu_vs_Camus373October 16, 2019 03:39AM

Agree with ya

max168October 16, 2019 03:55AM

yup, Max...

SunTzu_vs_Camus149October 16, 2019 04:11AM

Thx, Sun

max160October 16, 2019 04:45AM

Good explanation Sun and Max!

Ram Fan Teacher101October 16, 2019 05:06AM

Re: I told ya'll bout the Ramsey trade 3 weeks ago....

Classicalwit81October 16, 2019 05:23AM

Help me understand the contract issues

RamUK108October 16, 2019 05:28AM