Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

From my place on the couch, I like it...

October 14, 2019 02:25PM
Rams43
May seem a little drastic to some, but maybe not to others.

And these suggestions are in the context of Rams being on a 3 game losing streak while falling 3 games behind the 49ers, sooooo... IOW, what we’re currently doing ain’t working, anyway, so what us there to lose by experimenting?

In no particular order:

Give Henderson more snaps while Gurley is out. Heck, maybe even when Gurley returns unless Gurley demonstrates that he’s 100%. Henderson has “it”, I think. I miss those chunk runs.

Why not give Edwards starts over Demby? WTH do they have to lose, seriously? Edwards can grow more rapidly and I doubt that he would be worse than Demby, tbh. Edwards has an NFL future, but I don’t think that Demby does. Sooooo...

Give Natrez Patrick more snaps over Ebu at Edge. A lot more. NP is a playmaker and great tackler and Ebu seems to constantly get washed out.

Wouldn’t 12 personnel make more sense right now than the 11 personnel that McVay favors? Sit Cooks because Goff doesn’t have enough time for deep routes to develop, anyway. The second TE could be useful to either assist in protection OR as a quick strike receiver over the middle.

So, why not shake things up a little bit? Like I said above, what we’re doing now isn’t exactly working.

I'm indifferent to the Edwards move; am in no position to compare Demby and Edwards.

But they need more athletes and playmakers. Patrick is certainly more athletic than Reeder, who makes a lot of tackles... down the field. Ebu is JAG. Everett is a playmaker. He's had some great RAC efforts. Some mistakes, too, of course, but I want him on the field more.

I'd still like a better understanding of why our receivers so often seem to be covered - and the opponents' aren't. Seems like the other side waaaaay too often has that 7-yd. over-the-middle dump off WIDE open every time they want it.

Is this my selective memory at work?
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Okay, couple of thoughts after sleeping over the 49er loss...

Rams43754October 14, 2019 11:53AM

Re: Okay, couple of thoughts after sleeping over the 49er loss...

stlramman234October 14, 2019 01:34PM

Agree with all, could even try Patrick in place of Reeder

promomasterj234October 14, 2019 01:59PM

From my place on the couch, I like it...

Suh-weet!317October 14, 2019 02:25PM

Edwards

LMU93386October 14, 2019 02:41PM

I definitely like the 12 personnel and 21 as well

six2stack195October 14, 2019 02:52PM

Higbee got pushed around on some of those one yard run attempts

NewMexicoRam198October 14, 2019 03:36PM