Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

that's exactly right plus accurate about the way the Rams work

October 13, 2019 06:37PM
dzrams
chico n da rams
Allen, Demby & Havenstein are absolute sieves right now - with zero depth behind them. So much for Blythe "bulking up". Now Whitworth is jumping the shark.

Gurley is our 3rd most effective RB, and is siphoning 40+ mil away the next 3 years. And this is one of the bright spots.

Our D has to play 10 yds off the ball (because they can't play press) and is the poorest tackling team I've seen in awhile when they allow those 10 yd completions.

Our QB is on the verge of Carr syndrome. And our coach insists on running a passing game that requires deep passes.

Snead built this mess - now McVay will have to make chicken salad out of chicken &$!?, or he will be someone else's OC in 3 years (or less).

The game is (and will always be) won or lost in the trenches. You can only scheme around a Mr. Rodgers Oline so long. It's like Mike Tyson said; everyone has a plan - until you get punched in the mouth.

McVay has gotten much credit for building this team and turning it around. The truth is, both Snead and McVay have built this team.

Let's not demonize Snead while making McVay some type of savior. McVay signed off on this OL mess, had input into the OL players drafted, and oversees the coaching of these seemingly inept players.

If he's working with chicken &$!?, it's chicken &$!? of his own making.

I've always felt they both deserved a ton of credit when things were going right and they both deserve the blame when things aren't working so well.

Snead is NOT an uber GM who masterminds the team-building and controls the process.

I am not sure why anyone has to say that anymore. It's abundantly obvious and is constantly talked about whenever McVay, Snead, or Demoff discuss how they draft and so on, which they have done frequently.

So there's this odd situation in the discussion where some are going to roll their eyes at me saying the same things again while others apparently have never heard it before.

There are different types of GMs with different responsibilities and approaches, and Snead has ALWAYS been the collaborative type whose job--as he himself defines it---is to help coaches find the kinds of players they want who fit their systems.

Snead works with McVay, Kromer, and Wade and together THEY pick the talent for this team.

If any one of them gets credit so does the other.

We are simply NOT going to have a real situation where some, angry at losses, can sit back and pick the scapegoat who takes blame.

ON TOP OF IT, I don't even buy the idea that this loss means we are at a place where the "blame someone because it's all bad" approach to analysis is even realistic.

Teams that start 3-3 are not doomed, whether short term or long term.

It's a crisis they have to fight through but it is not the end of the world, not at this point. They can still win, they can turn things around, the final chapters have not been written.

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

The wheels are officially off the wagon . .

chico n da rams507October 13, 2019 03:03PM

Snead built this mess

ferragamo79192October 13, 2019 04:52PM

imagine this

RamUK182October 13, 2019 05:18PM

Like they are with the falcons

ferragamo79192October 13, 2019 08:24PM

Re: Nah...let's not start blaming one guy while absolving the other...

dzrams232October 13, 2019 06:29PM

that's exactly right plus accurate about the way the Rams work

zn237October 13, 2019 06:37PM

Re: that's exactly right plus accurate about the way the Rams work

Steve166October 13, 2019 08:58PM

zn126October 13, 2019 09:11PM

SoCalRAMatic101October 14, 2019 06:05AM

PHDram106October 14, 2019 06:10AM