October 05, 2019 04:10AM
max

I think what we are trying to figure out is what’s the best identity for this 2019 Rams football team and ultimately the offense. I think you saw us mix in some different personnel groupings. I think that can be something you can see potentially as we move forward. It’s really about us finding ways to just be efficient

I think we are seeing McVay transitioning the identity of the team away from Gurley being the focal point to Goff and we will see more 12 personnel with Everett taking on more of a Jordan Reed role. Everett has gotten a huge increase in targets the past 2 weeks. I don’t think that’s a mirage.

I’m picking Everett up in FF. He had 19 targets in the last 2 games. That’s top of the league stuff. And he’s a terrific run after the catch player.

I totally agree with Everett becoming more of a focal point. I also noticed that they went at the middle of the defense with screens to Higbee and a few successful Gurley runs. As teams are setting up to stop us wide I think you will see more up the middle type of plays which means more TE involvement and more 2 TE formations and power running.

I hope our identify is to show that the offense can adjust to take advantage and exploit the weaknesses in every defense we face. I still think that this is an area were we can improve upon and that McVay is the guy to do it.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

TRANSCRIPT: Rams Head Coach Sean McVay - Conference Call - October 4, 2019

Shaky387October 04, 2019 05:00PM

2019 identity

max167October 04, 2019 11:05PM

Re: 2019 identity

David Deacon161October 05, 2019 04:10AM

Agree

max159October 05, 2019 04:28AM