Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

So many jumping ship - is there any room left in the water?

October 04, 2019 07:29AM
Good to see the fair-weather fans come out of the woodwork and proclaim the season over, McVay an idiot and our players inept. Wow? Did you think we were just going to line up every week and win every game? Think you might lose a game on the road against a future HOF qb who is one of, if not the best QB in the NFL this year? Huh? Surprise - we're not the Patriots who get to sleepwalk through 3 woeful division opponents every year.

If you look at a season in quarters - which a lot of coaches say they do - we were 3-1 at the first quarter pole. We've started the next at 0-1 - but look at the schedule coming up. We have a very good chance of winning the next 3 and being 6-2 at the bye. Things might look better then.

I found a lot to be encouraged about from our team last night - it was a very exciting game. We almost won. We ran the bell well at times and got the TE's involved in the passing game. I'm not going to judge the coach on the number carries Gurley has. Teams are stacking the box to take away the run game. I don't think you just run into that to hit some magical number of carries. Maybe if we would have held some leads longer on D - we could have spent more the 3rd and 4th quarter on the ground.

And yes, kickers miss kicks. Happens every week all over the league. Despite his nickname - Legatron is not a robot. He's human. And he can, and will miss some. Get over it.

I think losing Rapp hurt more than expected and he's a good enough athlete to be the nickel backer / Wilson spy - Reeder lacks athleticism to do the job and I cringed seeing him out there when they passed.

My biggest disappointment from the game is the poor play from the secondary - coverage lapses and poor tackling. I thought Weddle was going to solidify that unit but he hasn't really helped in that area. Though I don't blame Talib for the 4th down TD - he was in a no-win situation - if he stays with his man, Wilson walks in. He did make some other poor plays in coverage.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

So many jumping ship - is there any room left in the water?

promomasterj211October 04, 2019 07:29AM

Re: So many jumping ship - is there any room left in the water?

zn149October 04, 2019 07:31AM

max78October 04, 2019 07:52AM

SoCalRAMatic103October 04, 2019 08:10AM

Rams4384October 04, 2019 07:38AM

CROMWELL21102October 04, 2019 07:45AM

It's not how you start, it's how you finish

promomasterj144October 04, 2019 08:02AM

Niners game is virtually must win for division title

max108October 04, 2019 08:52AM