Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Vinny B: Rams at a crossroads, McVay has one direction to take

October 02, 2019 09:08PM
Rampage2K-
Well I hope Vinny wasn't expecting a bunch of runs last week being down 21-0 vs the leagues top run defense

And I wouldn't expect much this week either if it somehow goes south for our defense again.....Seattle is currently 6th vs the run, but somehow have been giving up almost 300 yards per game in passing at home this year. If they attack the Seahawks weakness to win a game would be better than attacking their strength to prove a point.

Just win...if we get the big lead run it all day, but if we need to throw it...throw it!
That can work both ways, though. Seattle's numbers may be skewed because of the imbalance. It may not be that they are really stout against the run as much as they are just lousy against the pass. Teams may not be passing because the can't run as much as they aren't running because they can pass. Sounds confusing but I don't know that Seattle is so good at run defense that it precludes the Rams from shifting to it.

Which they do need to find a way to do. If they don't get the running game going it's going to be a long year for Goff, the o-line and the defense.

As far as what Vinny was expecting, he was probably thinking of before the Rams went down big. Gurley had zero carries in the first quarter, which was less than what Kupp had. They need to start imposing their will in the run game at least some of the time. Putting Gurley in moth balls isn't working and somehow, McVay has played right into the hands of every opposing defense by choosing to just not use him.

It's too bad that the Rams have gotten to the point where they are letting the defense dictate what they do but I hope they get away from it. Probably the reason I liked Martz the most was his attitude. It was up to defenses to adjust to the Rams, not the other way around. The Rams have not been imposing their will and forcing defenses to stop them. They've been letting what they think the defense is going to do alter their approach.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Vinny B: Rams at a crossroads, McVay has one direction to take

Speed_Kills460October 02, 2019 05:24PM

I agree. But will they be able to run the ball with this O line?

NewMexicoRam150October 02, 2019 05:41PM

Rampage2K-146October 02, 2019 07:44PM

moklerman151October 02, 2019 09:08PM

napoli116October 02, 2019 07:44PM