Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

What an ugly loss

September 30, 2019 11:48AM
I haven't read any posts yet about the game yesterday so if I'm repeating what others have already said, apologies. I just have to get a few things off my chest.

First, in the line to get into the coliseum there were some Bucs fans around us. They were cool and all so no problem there. One guy had his phone out videoing us Rams fans around him as he asked us to predict the score of the game. I yell out 34-13 Rams! He just laughed and went to the next guy. Another guy next to him was saying that Evans is a beast (no argument there) and that the Rams receivers were mediocre at best. I just laughed and said dude you are just delusional and turned away from him.

The atmosphere in the coliseum was great and this was the first time I'd been there since the upgrade. It really is very nice. We had pretty good seats too; section 105B row 22.

So to the game. Our defense...what the hell? The middle of the field was wide open all day long. Godwin (who?) had a career day against us. Were they game planning to take Evans out and forgot about everybody else? Every time we had them at 3rd and 7 or 8 it seemed like they converted. I'm having a hard time remembering if they ever punted! Peters had that pick 6 but the ball was thrown right to him. Otherwise he stunk. We made Winston look like a combination of Brady and Rodgers. Absolutely no defense showed up.

Offense was a mixed bag. McVay did not call one run play in the first quarter that I recall. Not one! Then when they did call some run plays, they kept running to the right side and got absolutely nowhere. How about trying the left side? You've got better blockers over there. Gurley looked strong on his two TD runs and on a few of his catches as well. But if he saw there was no hole he just put his head down and plowed into the line. That's the difference I see in him compared to the last two years.

Goff...wow. I'm telling you, he threw some absolutely great throws in this game, and then was wildly inaccurate. He missed two wide open touchdowns, both right there where I was sitting. Missed the receivers by a mile. WTF? Three more interceptions plus another fumble too. I love having Goff as our QB but I have to say I'm starting to wonder. The offensive line really didn't help much though. They seemed to get trucked almost every snap. Goff was under heavy duress the whole game.

Our receivers, including Everett had real nice games. Woods, man...he is so under appreciated. Maybe not on this board but he is great. Kupp in fun to watch in person too.

I still can't believe we got taken to the woodshed by the Bucs. They looked like the better team all day. I know we're 3-1 but this game, combined with the bad showing (offensively) against the Browns have really knocked down my confidence level for this team. Thursday night against the SeaHags is going to be very tough and at this point I don't think we'll get out of there with a win.

I sure picked the wrong game to go to.

@R2K, I looked around for your tailgate spot, but "south lawn" didn't narrow it down too much as far as I could tell so no luck. I tried!

"He who knows all the answers has not been asked all the questions."
- Confucius

“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
- Patrick Rothfuss

"With age comes wisdom, but sometimes age comes alone."
- Oscar Wilde
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

What an ugly loss

RamsFanSinceLA245September 30, 2019 11:48AM

Re: What an ugly loss

Ramsfan69170September 30, 2019 12:12PM