Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

TRANSCRIPT: Rams Head Coach Sean McVay - Media Availability - September 27, 2019

September 27, 2019 01:43PM
TRANSCRIPT: Rams Head Coach Sean McVay - Media Availability - September 27, 2019

(On if there are injury updates following Friday’s practice)
“Everybody’s going to be good. Everybody’s cleared to play, we’re healthy, we’re in good shape. Looking forward to seeing our full arsenal on Sunday.”

(On how long it took TE Tyler Higbee to fully recover from his injury in Week 2)
“I think he (TE Tyler Higbee) pretty quickly felt back to normal. You just wanted to go through some of the protocol to be as smart as possible. Those are things that are a little bit above my head, but I think you can’t be safe enough when you’re talking about some of the things that he was going through. He’s feeling great, I haven’t seen any effects of that. He probably felt good enough to play last week, but it was more just precautionary and being smart about the nuances of how to handle when you get a lung contusion and things like that.”

(On if he has seen an injury like Higbee’s before)
“I haven’t. That’s the first time I’ve experienced anything like that. We wouldn’t put him out there and we wouldn’t clear him if we didn’t feel like he was fully ready to go. I know he feels good and that’s the most important thing.”

(On how big of a difference it is when the entire team is healthy)
“I think it’s important because the continuity those guys have with the work they’ve had with one another, the rapport that exists whether you’re talking about linemen, whether you’re talking about receivers, backs, whatever it might be – on the defensive side of the ball – so that’s very important. We do expect guys to step in, like you mentioned, but I think it’s always about maximizing our players’ skill sets. Those guys that are starters, are starters for a reason. We feel like they give us the best chance to win.”

(On if he speaks to his team following situations like S Eric Weddle’s back and forth with WR Antonio Brown on Twitter)
“Those are things where I think he (S Eric Weddle) is experienced enough, he’s smart enough to know it was in good fun. I don’t think there was any ill will. We always want to be smart, but those are things that, unless it really deters or takes away from the image that we want to portray, what we want to represent for this organization – and I think Eric does a great job representing a lot of things that are right about the Rams.”

(On if being a younger coach in the social media age means he has to monitor it)
“That’s (Senior Director, Communications) Artis’ (Twyman) problem, not mine (laughs). I don’t think so. I think you want to trust guys and you understand that there are things that are said in jest and guys joke around and have fun. I think our guys, we try to be specific about the types of people we want to on-board in this building. They know what it looks like to represent the right thing day in and day out. If you feel like that’s something that you have to get involved in, those are things that we handle in private. I think we’ve got great character in this locker room and I think there is an element of, ‘You’ve got let guys live,’ and understand there’s a life that they have outside of it, while always being cognizant of the platform that we have in the NFL and some of those things. Those are things, that’s all that I’ve really known, even though I’m not on some of those social media things. It’s probably a good thing, I’d probably get my feelings hurt on it (laughs).”

--RAMS--
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Shaky198September 27, 2019 01:43PM