Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A valuable assessment of our various OL players by TexasRam......

September 27, 2019 01:09PM
Here’s TexasRam...

I went back and carefully watched the oline in the first 3 games this year. Reviewing each snap multple times to evaluate each player.

Here is what i came away with:

Allen- greatly improved from week 1. I was freaking out before the season that Allen wouldn’t cut it at this level. I was wrong. He’s improved each week and is so quick and assignment sound in the run game that he might have a pro bowl trajectory in his future. His pass pro was also really good in the Browns game, let’s see if he can do it again.

Noteboom- Right now he is as good a pass blocker as Saffold was, due to his quick feet and good technique. He just needs more time with learning how to get out and block his man on the Rb pitches, jet sweeps and generally how to get in position to block a LB at the second level. He is also not as strong as Saffold was so is way behind Saffold as a run blocker. probably kicks to LT next year so maybe a mute point.

Whitworth- Still Excellent. starting to struggle with the inside move from the DE, but still real good against the edge rush and in the run game due to perfect technique and positioning.

Blythe- Seriously, He is a phenom in my book. He consistently knows his assignment every play and uses perfect technique that it becomes a joy to watch him operate. Both in the run game and the pass game. He gets out in the run game so quickly and to the right guy in perfect position like every dam play. He doesn’t have great push or strength, we all know that but it usually doesn’t matter. it’s gettin to the right guy and walling him off and sustaining the block. And he does that well, almost every play. In the pass game he does this as well and often covers the trash or broken blocks of Hav or other stunts coming in the middle. Will Blythe get manhandled on occasion? yes it does happen, but it’s actually pretty rare. And PFF and other sites confirm that. The dropoff from Blythe to Demby is massive.

Demby- Demby right now is a huge problem. For those that said he looked ok against Cleveland, please go watch snap by snap. If I was Gurley or Goff I would be in Mcvays office on Monday like “ Look boss, Demby needs more time before he’s in an actual game”. Demby first off just doesn’t know the system well, he really looks lost in the run block game when he kicks out and try’s to find his assignment. But even if he got to the right man his technique is so bad he just can’t help out. He might eventually be a Pro Bowl guard for all i know and maybe he improved quickly with more time, but right now it’s offensive suicide. If he was holding his own in the pass game maybe, but right now that’s as bad as his run blocking. assignement and technique are bad. That’s not to mention the penalty’s. I’m rooting for Demby and maybe Kromer sees a future star, it’s possible. Allen has come a long way in 3 games. But right now Demby is killing the drives and a huge disruption of the flow of our offense. I’m not going to question Dembys effort because i don’t know why a player wouldn’t give full effort. But he does look like he gives half ass effort sometimes. I think that is due to uncertainty of his assignment or the fact that he wants to avoid a holding penalty and has such bad technique that he is unsure how to engage a blocker legally at this level.

Havenstein- Same as last year. A Monster in the run game and solid in pass pro except against elite pass rushers We need to acknowledge when he’s facing an Elite rusher and chip his side.

Everett- Needs work on his blocking technique. Is a liability as a blocker at this point in my opinion. Way behind Higbee at this point.

WR’s- These guys need to step up
their blocking in the run game. They got high praise last year but are whiffing on blocks way too much. Woodie and Kupp, love you guys but need to tighten up the technique and “want to” in run game.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

A valuable assessment of our various OL players by TexasRam......

Rams43501September 27, 2019 01:09PM

great points

LMU93243September 27, 2019 01:23PM

Re: great points

Steve193September 28, 2019 09:19AM

Re: A valuable assessment---NOW THIS is great!

Steve206September 28, 2019 09:17AM

Re: A valuable assessment of our various OL players by TexasRam......

droopy175September 28, 2019 04:25PM

Re: A valuable assessment of our various OL players by TexasRam......

cool_hand_luke157September 28, 2019 05:21PM