Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

McVay SB theory (longshot)

September 23, 2019 10:47PM
So I was thinking about this today:

What if McVay learned from the last Superbowl? He knows he will see the Patriots defense all year. Everyone will copy it. This has proven to be true already.

Now what if he has a great plan to bust that defense, but wants to save most of it for the Superbowl?

He might be anticipating seeing the Pats again if we get there. After three weeks, that would be a reasonable assumption. What McVay was not ready for was a Patriot's D that he had never seen before. Perhaps he is planning a Rams O that no one has seen before. In the meantime, he is setting up his future opponent through games being played now. He knows he needs to win to get to the big game, but if he wins without showing too many cards it might be the ideal path. This means winning without completely busting the Patriots D everyone is using. This means harder fought wins, lower scores, and lower margins. But if they are wins, and if we get to the SB, and if Gurley is fresh, and if Goff is ready, and if the line has gelled, then McVay will have learned not just how to get to the Superbowl, but how to win the dang thing too.

Perhaps this is giving the wonder kid too much credit, but I am hoping that I will get to test my theory at least, which means we will go to the SB again!!!
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

McVay SB theory (longshot)

headslapper437September 23, 2019 10:47PM

If McVay doesn't bust the "Super Bowl defense" now....

NewMexicoRam196September 24, 2019 01:44AM

Re: If McVay doesn't bust the "Super Bowl defense" now....

Rampage2K-137September 24, 2019 06:11AM

he already HAS busted it and it showed in the Browns game

zn127September 24, 2019 04:45PM

Well, say we get to the SB..

sstrams136September 24, 2019 04:24AM

Re: Well, say we get to the SB..

headslapper118September 24, 2019 04:34PM