Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Blinkscout Game 3 review ... Browns.

September 23, 2019 05:15PM
Well we haven't played a decent first half yet, but we seem to get our junk together in the 2nd, and this was on the road with an up and coming team ... so ... yeah Im going ot be a bit lenient.

I skipped last week because it was an ugly game and nothing I was gonna say was more important then just watching Kupp's TD over and over.

The Great

1) Winning games you're supposed to win. It seems like a small thing, but it's not. It's the stuff we did in 2003, where we made things happen for us on ugly days.

2) Defensive back play ... the complexity and subtleties of the coverages were really something.

3) Baker having to throw in 2.5 seconds or less to have any shot at a completion.

4) Woods lay out catch.

The Good

5) Robey Coleman was a great investment.

6) JJ3 2 INTs in 3 games ... and poaching that last one to seal the deal was $.

7) Cut back runs.

8) Fowler.

9) Not even having to think about Talib and Peters even though they were going against Beckham and Landry.

10) Allen's ability to get to the next level is something special.

11) Aaron and Clay getting home.

12) Knowing that Kupp will not just go down.

The Bad

13) Had some dropsies.

14) Jared made some poor throws.

15) I want more Malcolm Brown. (But not in the passing game, ya know?)

16) Letting them have a chance at the end ... yeah it was a tipped ball, but there was a lot of traffic.

17) Not scheming enough to Everett and when we hit him it's often late and he doesn't get a chance to run ... literally we could run sweeps to him.

The Ugly

18) First half woes. I'm not a fan. I'm not a fan of Jared not looking like he's having fun. Not a fan of miscommunications.

19) Jamil Demby. Get Edwards up to speed, please.

20) How many penalties were there?

College

21) Okay I have some pet teams this year ... I like UVA. They are putting a solid product on the field with Mendenhall there. I like Wake Forest (I think we do too given our UDFA list). I think both could challenge in the ACC. I like Houston (Dana Holgerson is there).

22) LSU is for real. Burrow the QB is money, and he has great WRs.

23) DT is again the most stacked position. If this trend continues, finding a 5 man O line that can compete with a 7 deep D line is going to get really difficult. I suspect we can get better value as deep as the 3rd round that we could last year. And there are numerous legit Nose techniques that can move. Just saw Fatu? On Utah have a crazy game. 6-4 335.

24) CB is tricky because many declare as juniors so first year starters are still emerging ... Bryce Hall however returned to school. I figure we have to take one at 32 this year. The top end guys are really worth it.

25) OT is good this year ... rough few years until this year.

26) I only watch close games ... I have a new system. So the odds of my seeing Wisconsin, Alabama, Clemson, any time soon is low. Ill focus on them more at the end of the year.

27) I'm watching for replacements for Everett in case he doesn't pan out.

Thoughts and comments welcome, as always.

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Blinkscout Game 3 review ... Browns.

alyoshamucci601September 23, 2019 05:15PM

Re: Blinkscout Game 3 review ... Browns.

leafnose323September 23, 2019 07:09PM

Hafunga

alyoshamucci299September 24, 2019 02:55AM

Pola-Mao saved their bacon.....

21Dog413September 24, 2019 07:52AM

Repeat after me - it's a reverse, NOT a double reverse

PeoriaRa220September 24, 2019 11:41AM

Re: Blinkscout Game 3 review ... Browns- add

Steve318September 23, 2019 09:20PM

Silly question

hubestar264September 24, 2019 02:04AM

Re: Blinkscout Game 3 review ... Browns.

LMU93253September 24, 2019 03:41AM

Was it just me or was Joe Schobert in the middle of everything...

DaJudge228September 24, 2019 08:00AM