Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Happy with 3-0, but...

September 23, 2019 07:17AM
That game last night against the Factory of Sadness was way too tight. The Brownies did come to play but still, the Rams offense just doesn't look right.

Defenses are all using the Bears/Lions/Pats strategy to slow us down and for the most part it is working. 20 points against the FoS???

Goff, I thought, had his best 'accuracy' game of the season so far, in spite of the two picks. The first one I have to give credit to the defensive guy. The second one was a bad decision all the way. It looked like McVay got into Goff's face on the sideline after that one. The fumble was not on Goff either as Garrett made a nice play to knock it out. Goff also showed some nifty moves in the pocket to avoid pressure.

Our defense was stout once again. I'd give most of the credit for our 3-0 start to them. It was nice to see Donald get his first sack and he was a menace all game long. We need this defense to continue to play like this while our offense finds its way back to where it was the last two years.

Again, I'm happy with being 3-0 and I'm not complaining. Let's just say I'm a bit concerned with our offense. It just doesn't look like the well-oiled machine that we've become accustomed to. I think we would have a real hard time keeping up with some of the other teams in the league right now.

Next up is the Bucs at home (I'm going to that game) and we should win that one. After that, we have to travel up to Seattle. Thank the football gods for the Saints beating the Seahags yesterday. The Whiners after that. We should be at least 5-1 by that point, but I just don't have the same level of confidence in this offense right now. Hopefully they'll "get right" against the Bucs and keep it going after that.

One final thought: Thank you Freddie Kitchens (sp?) for that 4th and 9 decision last night. A box of chocolates is on its way.

"He who knows all the answers has not been asked all the questions."
- Confucius

“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
- Patrick Rothfuss

"With age comes wisdom, but sometimes age comes alone."
- Oscar Wilde
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Happy with 3-0, but...

RamsFanSinceLA283September 23, 2019 07:17AM

The fumble.. I did not see the defender knock the ball out...

JamesJM97September 23, 2019 07:24AM

Re: The fumble.. I did not see the defender knock the ball out...

den-the-coach97September 23, 2019 07:24AM

You're right, just watched it on YouTube... but....

JamesJM82September 23, 2019 07:28AM

Re: You're right, just watched it on YouTube... but....

RamsFanSinceLA75September 23, 2019 07:48AM

Re: Step up in pocket !!......

leafnose53September 23, 2019 08:34AM

Two tough wins on the road

IowaRam90September 23, 2019 07:30AM

Re: Two tough wins on the road

RamsFanSinceLA94September 23, 2019 07:47AM

Good Read!

Crazylegs85September 23, 2019 07:32AM