Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The Team v The Tactics

September 23, 2019 07:09AM
I feel very much split right now thinking of the Rams.

On the one hand, as we all know, the offense hasn't crawled out of its funk. I go back to the point I raised before the season: McV needs to learn to ask more questions of defenses. His instinct, I think, is toward subtlety, which works until defenses have a firm grip on how to contain your whole package. I think our running game is hard to sustain when defenses completely know what we are trying to do. I also think we could ATTACK more in the air, without relying so much on deception. But I don't really know that. I have no idea what to say about Goff.

And the OL is an issue. Demby still sucks, and NB and Allen are learning. Give us Blythe and Higs back, please.

On the other hand, the team is maturing impressively. They always seem well prepared and they know how to play for the win. And of course the defense is really looking good. They really are offsetting the drop off in the offense.

In the end, here's what I think. We are very, very tough to beat. One of the hardest teams to beat in the league right now. At the moment, we ain't pretty. But teams know we will be very hard to beat. And that is the ultimate measure of excellence.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

The Team v The Tactics

RFL386September 23, 2019 07:09AM

PS: I tire of McVay ...

RFL266September 23, 2019 07:12AM

Re: PS: I tire of McVay ...

den-the-coach238September 23, 2019 07:27AM

+1.....

Deadhead Ram200September 23, 2019 07:44AM

McVay mentioned that again in this last presser

NewMexicoRam188September 23, 2019 09:57AM

McVay has instilled a winning attitude...

JamesJM236September 23, 2019 07:33AM

Re: Like to see more Gap Scheme

fullcurl209September 23, 2019 08:40AM