Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: A few things......

September 12, 2019 08:56AM
Ramgator
Games in the Southeast are ^*&%&* HOT in September. During the Jags game FORTY plus people were transported for heat emergencies. I noticed that many left that game at the half. I'm betting it was the same in Miami and Tampa.

I watched large portions of three other NFL games on Sunday: Colts vs. Chargers; Bengals vs. Seahawks; and, MNF. The stadiums in all three of these games appeared to be packed (though the Charger game was packed with Colts' fans). The point of my observation is that it was a pleasant day on Sunday in Carson; overcast/drizz in Seattle; and, indoors/evening in New Orleans - all comfortable environments to watch football for 3 hours.

I've been to both Rams/USC football games at the Coliseum for 12:30/1:00 games in September. If you don't have the "right" seats (i.e. directly under the large video screen), you're going to bake on any day that's above 85 degrees. It's not pleasant AND THERE'S NO WAY I'm going to fork out $600 (tix, parking, food, etc.) for an afternoon game there. Sunday/Monday night game? Sure. But afternoon in September...nope.

I'd feel the same way anywhere in the south or where there's humid conditions with no breeze.

I'm a fair-weather fan - literally. thumbs up smiley
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Empty Seats

troublefree578September 12, 2019 07:29AM

I was at the game.

Ram_Ruler385September 12, 2019 07:46AM

A few things......

Ramgator332September 12, 2019 08:08AM

Re: A few things......

ramBRO249September 12, 2019 08:56AM

I noticed the same thing

ferragamo79284September 12, 2019 08:36AM