Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Will Dac Prescott finally live up to Hype

September 10, 2019 03:22AM
interesting quarterback developments in week #1.

My favorite was the Cardinals QB to watch. While he struggled the entire first half he kept it together and put together a strong 4th quarter. One of the neatest dynamics is Fitzgerald Murray dynamic. Fitzgerald could be his Dad with the age difference and they had a very cool chemistry in that comeback. I think the problem with Murray is his height, but he could overcome. Brees and Wilson.

Prescott - I have always felt he was overrated. He played decently and wasn't bad, but he was surrounded by great offensive talent. Almost 1990's level talent with a dominant offensive line, an all-time great runningback, and various weapons to throw too. It really did compare to the 1990's Cowboys, but the weak link was Prescott. Now, the Cowboys added even more talent with Cooper and Prescott is on his contract year and he got out of the gates with a super strong performance.

Lamar Jackson. Who would have believed this week #1 performance? My gut feeling this is more a product of a bad Dolphin team than this being the real deal, but it is one to keep an eye on. He seems too stiff in the pocket for me once teams start coming after him. Not stiff in the concept of not mobile, but rather he doesn't have a bounce in the pocket to deliver throws when it doesn't go as plan..

Mahomes to me is the one, however, that is the real deal. He already put up one big year and comes back in week 1 and nothing has changed. Players play better around this QB which separates him from the others at this point. To me, he is going to surpassed Rodgers as the top QB in the NFL because Rodgers is regressing with age and getting beaten up.

If I was going into this season, I take

1) Rodgers
2) Mahomes
3) Brady (Still at 40, he is so good at the mental part of being a QB. Of course, having the best coach makes a big difference.)

It will be interesting to watch if any the younger QBs rise up. I know there were others, but these are the ones I watched this week.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2019 03:24AM by Rams_81.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Will Dac Prescott finally live up to Hype

Rams_81156September 10, 2019 03:22AM