Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: If I had to pick ONE gripe that still irritates me...

September 04, 2019 06:33AM
Actually, one of the better articles that I read showed a camera angle where one ref looks at the other and looks like he is saying "bang bang."

Bang-bang is when the ball is knocked loose just as the catch is being completed. Back in 2016 there was a lot of discussion about it and officials were instructed to treat bang-bang plays as incomplete.

When you watch the play in real time, not super slo-mo, you can see how the officials could rule it a bang-bang play. At full speed it looked like NRC got there at the same time the ball did.

I always have an issue with second guessing close calls based on super slo mo replay. And in this case, in order to fan the flames, nearly every replay shown by the media was from the camera angle that made it look much more egregious than it was. Basically sloppy reporting intended to generate clicks was the standard on this game. The real story should have been "why can't the Saints win the big games?"

Why am I still obsessing on this. I think its because the media's constant harping on it made it harder for me to enjoy the SB as I deserved to.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

My favorite 'why your team sucks' of the year - Saints edition!

promomasterj500September 03, 2019 02:27PM

by far the BEST ONE EVER!!!

Rampage2K-162September 03, 2019 09:14PM

Before you laugh too hard....

NewMexicoRam152September 04, 2019 02:46AM

Re: Before you laugh too hard....

MamaRAMa263September 04, 2019 03:36AM

If I had to pick ONE gripe that still irritates me...

Ramgator133September 04, 2019 05:13AM

oldschoolramfan137September 04, 2019 05:16AM

PeoriaRa128September 04, 2019 06:33AM

yeah, it's close but I agree...I think it was uncatchable....

SunTzu_vs_Camus129September 04, 2019 07:32AM