Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: I'm looking forward to this being the end of people dismissing Rams discussions

September 03, 2019 03:11PM
promomasterj
It's fun and all and there's no real football to talk about until this weekend, but all the hand-wringing and teeth gnashing about who's gonna make the group of tackling dummies is pretty amusing. There are 320 of these guys around the league right now - not good enough to even be on the active roster. And what's the chance that one of them makes the jump from PS to active roster to solid NFL started for several years? Ehh, probably not so good. Can anyone even tell me who was on our practice squad in 2017? 2018? And where are they now? Lighting up the NFL? Not so much. Yes Hodge was there last year as was Allen - and they're on other teams now. Let's wait until January to decide how much we lost.

I know we're also all looking for any excuse to watch meaningless pre season games but they are terrible for evaluating talent. Neither the offense of defense is running anything close to an actual game day scheme or system so you have no idea how any of the LB's or WR's look in practice knowing their assignments, knowing the route tree, etc.

Teams use practice squads developmentally. Allows you to keep a young player who knows the system and they're around the weight room, training staff, and absorbing the team culture. and then they step back in the following year and compete to be on the 53. Just this year at least one practice squad players made the Rams final roster that way (Williams). In fact the Rams would be dumb not to use the PS as a resource. They clearly DO use it as a resource, so, no issue there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/03/2019 03:11PM by zn.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Meet the Rams' 2019 practice squad: What to know about all 10 players Attachments

BeachBoy850September 02, 2019 09:21AM

This one really pleasantly surprised me...

Rams43430September 02, 2019 01:00PM

Re: This one really pleasantly surprised me...

kw13260September 03, 2019 02:00PM

I'm looking forward to this being the end of the PS discussion

promomasterj232September 03, 2019 02:35PM

Re: I'm looking forward to this being the end of people dismissing Rams discussions

zn226September 03, 2019 03:11PM

Rams43284September 03, 2019 04:38PM

Littleton did okay....

SunTzu_vs_Camus189September 04, 2019 07:05AM