Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Jared Goff explains what sets Sean McVay apart as a coach

August 24, 2019 05:35AM

By: Cameron DaSilva

Jared Goff has had two full seasons with Sean McVay thus far, and not surprisingly, they’ve been the two best years of his career. They’ve both helped turn the Los Angeles Rams around far quicker than anyone expected, taking them from being 4-12 in 2016 to playing in the Super Bowl this past February.

When it comes to coach and quarterback tandems in the NFL right now, Goff and McVay are right up there with some of the best. Their youth and inexperience is unmatched by any others in the league at the moment, yet it works so undeniably well.

McVay deservingly gets more of the credit for the Rams’ rebuild, but it’s difficult to pin down exactly what makes him such a great coach. Goff attempted to answer that question on Mike Stud’s “You Neva Know” podcast recently.

“People ask me, what’s his best trait? And I say he’s the best listener I’ve ever met. Listener and communication. It’s amazing,” Goff said. “And he’s obviously so smart and he knows football and he’s a great play caller and all that – it’s just innate in him. But the way he listens and the way he takes input from everyone, and takes it and either uses it, or takes it and explains to you why, ‘Eh, I don’t agree with that.’ It’s just an open dialogue and communication and it leaves no room for doubt. He says a lot, where communication lacks, negativity fills. So just keep an open dialogue and you’ll always know what each other are thinking and that’s kind of what he preaches and he’s a great listener and it trickles down through the whole organization.”

Full Article--
[theramswire.usatoday.com]
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

RamBill425August 24, 2019 05:35AM

Re: Jared Goff explains what sets Sean McVay apart as a coach

BeachBoy191August 24, 2019 09:18AM

Great leaders are the key to success

Ram49177August 24, 2019 09:54AM