August 19, 2019 01:21PM
And there's a good chance you get a lesser performance when those starters were in there. The Rams had a complete depth group out there and played very well early on. You had some guys get beat here and there, but that happens. I mean if you expect Edwards for example to be perfect at LT vs starters you're nuts, but he was pretty darn good. Only guy who seemed over his head initially was Demby who got trucked and thrown around but the line as a whole was solid in the early going which was impressive.

Things sort of degraded as they started moving guys around. Second Quarter I think it was where Edwards struggled a bit (believe it was vs Taco Charlton but haven't rewatched the game so not sure). They were giving him help too. But at the close of the first half it's hard to say the OL didn't do their job when the scoreboard looked so good given no starters playing to spot them a TD or two early on.

It was the same with the defense btw. They won some snaps, then allowed conversions that would make me pull my hair out in a regular season game. But anyway back to the OL the way I see it is the dropoff comes after Evans (who did some good and some bad things on the right side, mainly he needs to work pass pro). And Evans, btw, is about 8th on that depth chart (I have him just below Neary who is at 7) so we're talking one more spot after him to make the 9 they carried last year.

That last guy could be someone like Brewer or maybe a roster cutdown type they add later who knows. But overall if you look at the depth chart the Rams are solid on the OL to my eye at least, with some guys who will continue to improve and bring some upside. I'm not too worried.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

LA Rams: preseason stock up, stock down post by Max Perez...

Rams43423August 19, 2019 11:09AM

Play any team's second stringers vs Dallas' front in that game...

merlin189August 19, 2019 01:21PM